Chapter 21

The chapters of this story are like 10 times smaller than my other stories... -_-

My problem is I don't have that many ideas for this left which means (unfortunatly) this will end soon. I'm thinking probably around 5 maybe 6 more chapters. Hopefully they'll be longer than this one :s

Well... enjoy! xx 

CHAPTE R 21

Harry’s POV

I never wanted to hurt Louis. That was never in a million years my intention but it seemed as if I have. I wanted to go to him, beg on hands and knees to take me back and apologise until the sun went down but I couldn’t. He wouldn’t take me back no matter how hard I tried. Even if I had had a glimmer of hope that he might go against his stubborn ways and change his mind at first, it was gone now. All of this drinking that felt like healing was only hurting Louis and by the time I’d realized that, it was too late. I normally didn’t drink half as much as I have been recently. Sure, I’ll have a good drink once in a while but it’s rare that I get so drunk I can’t remember the previous night... or, it was rare. The more I drink, the farther my feathery haired band mate goes from my mind, until I can almost forget about all the pain he’s put me through. Almost; that’s the key word. The pain never truly leaves, even when I’m in the middle of shagging some girl senseless I still think of his shining blue eyes and frankly, sex isn’t very much fun when all I can think about is how those eyes would be filling up to the brim with salty tears if one of us was a bit too loud.

                I hated feeling this way. I felt so utterly useless and alone. I felt as if no matter what I did or said, nothing would change; that I would always be the pathetic, overly sensitive loser who fell for his best friend when he really shouldn’t have. For a little while, everything had been okay. Louis had been mine; I had had the privilege of kissing and loving this wonderful human being and having the same feelings returned. It was absolute heaven and as bad as things are now because of it, I wouldn’t go back to change it even if I could. I hate that management ruined the best thing in my life. I hate that I have to choose between the only two things I’ve ever really wanted. I just want to love Louis in public without having to hide it behind fake girlfriends and false titles. It wasn’t fair that I couldn’t love who I wanted to love but, as I’ve heard a million times growing up, life’s not fair. You have to live with it anyway.

                I thought that maybe if I went for a walk, it would clear my head... help me forget about my problems for a minute and just think rationally but it wasn’t working. All I could think about was Louis and how he wasn’t mine anymore. I was so stupid to think it would be easier this way. I thought that maybe if we just broke up then I could get over him and we wouldn’t have any problems but now I see that there’s no way I’ll ever get over Louis. And it’s too late to get him back now. I sat on a bench near the edge of the quiet park with a sigh. There was no one around so I didn’t have to bother hiding who I was.

                “Hey there!”

                I nearly jumped out of my skin, spinning around with wide eyes to see a girl sitting on the bench beside me. She was sitting there looking at me curiously, spinning a lock of blonde hair around one finger.      

                “Why are you sad?” She asked, looking at me with big blue eyes. They kind of reminded me of Niall’s eyes.

                “I-I’m not...” I stuttered out, unsure what to say to this girl who seemed to just have appeared out of thin air.

                “Yes you are, I can tell,” she told me, sliding down the bench so she sat closer to me. I tried scooting away from her a little but she just moved even closer.       

                “Do you want to talk about it?” She asked, looking at me scrutinizing.

                I shook my head no, biting my bottom lip hard as my mind flashed back to Louis.

                “Do you want me to help you forget?” She asked, her gaze turning to look me straight in the eyes. I gulped and looked away from her.

                “I’m not in the mood for sex if that’s what you’re implying...” I muttered, going to stand up but I felt a hand slip into mine and pull me back down onto the bench.

                “That’s actually not what I was implying,” she said, although, strangely, she didn’t sound the least bit insulted at my assumption, “I’m not a slut and I don’t sleep around.”

                “Oh... sorry, I just-“

                “Assumed? Yeah, I get that a lot. I’ve learned that it’s not good to assume things about people. They usually don’t take it the right way,” she told me.

                I looked at her curiously, wondering who exactly she was. Was she a fan? “Um... not to sound full of myself or anything but do you know who I am?”

                “Of course I do, you’re Harry Styles, one fifth of One Direction,” she said, giving me a small smile, “But I’m not going to freak out over you, if that’s what you’re wondering... you’re just another person who just so happens to be able to sing.”

                I have to say I was a little surprised. I know I’m not much to brag about but most people just think since I’m famous that I’m special. It was kind of refreshing to have someone who thought of me as just another person.

                “So do you want help forgetting about your relationship trouble or what?” She asked, interrupting my train of thought.

                “Wait... how do you know it’s about a relationship-“

                “I can see it in your eyes. It’s obvious you’re in love with someone and judging on how sad you look I’m assuming you hit a bump?” She just loves to interrupt me doesn’t she?

                “I thought you said you didn’t assume things about people?” I asked with a small smirk.

                “No, I said it’s not good to assume things, I never once said I don’t do it,” she winked. I chuckled and she jumped to her feet, pulling me up as well.

                “Now come on, let’s go get Louis off your mind,” she said, pulling me away from the bench by the hand.

                Wait a second...

                “How do you know it’s Louis?!”

                She turned to me with a smirk, “I didn’t... but I do now.”

                I gaped at her and she just giggled, dragging me away from the small bench. To where? Who knows with this girl.