Chapter 11 ❣

*Skylar's POV *

I entered the building kinda worried about Jason's reaction .

I quickly made a run to the elevator without looking at any employee since they would be talking gossip and judging me especially that I'm late to work plus they have nothing else to do around here .

I knocked on Jason's door I heard a faint come in .

"I'm sorry Jason , Daniel and Emily distracted me I'm really sorry I'll work extra tonight " I said but Jason didn't even look at me oh so were back to that .

"I don't care your late u work night hours ." I nodded but he wasn't done he looked at me with angry dark eyes . "don't think that if were dating now you have some kind of special treatment your late to work I don't want that to happen again " he shouted and I got angry I never said I wanted special treatment .

"I never expected special treatment and if you would listen for once you would know that I'm going to work the night hours ." I snapped back he looked pretty shocked I was going to laugh at the face he gave me but restrained myself .

"I don't care , I have a meeting I don't want you to come with me do your work .......... good bye ! " He said standing up and retrieving his jacket and slamming the door behind him.

I sighed and went to my office .

2hours later Jason wasn't back he texted me saying he isn't coming back before 6 pm .

"He most be really mad. " I thought . I was going to lunch it was nearly 1 pm. I stood up but a knock on my door stopped my movement but the most unexpected visitor was standing at the door

Stephanhy .

She smiled at me and I shook my head for her to come in she was wearing a pretty red dress she cut her hair, her blond strands are now darker and shorter reaching under her ear , she looks good .

"Hello Skylar . " She said while sitting on the chair and I sat on my chair too .

I didn't know why she was here or why the change of heart last night but I didn't question it.

"Hey miss Prescott if you need Jason he's not here . " Maybe she's here for work or something .

"Oh no and call me Steph . I actually came here to talk to you ." I nodded not know what she would want to talk to me about .

"I'm ready to tell you my story . " She declared in a confident tone .

"What do you mean " I asked .

" I know that Jason won't tell you his background story so I will you have the right to know every thing . last night I was watching you and Jason you both seemed happy and I know after summer Jason wouldn't go out with anyone so seeing you go out with him surprised me at first I thought your a gold digger but last night you showed me you cared so I'm gonna explain this whole mess for you . " She told me all in one breathe .

I'm not gonna lie I always wanted to know their background story and now I'm getting my wish .

"Okay I'm ready . " I said making myself comfortable it seems like a long story since it's definitely a huge mess .

" okay so it all started in college we were all good friends best friends . were known to be inseparable we were known as 8 best friends : me , Jason , Mark , Summer , Daniel , Austin , Duke , Stacey , and peter .

The only two that were dating at that time were Stacey and Peter . We were all friends Stacey and Jason were the most inseparable and daniel and I were also inseparable I had this big crush on him back then but he only use to see me as a friend .