Chapter 28 ❣

1 YEAR LATER

All I want is nothing more
To hear you knocking at my door
'Cause if I could see your face once more
I could die a happy man I'm sure

When you said your last goodbye
I died a little bit inside
I lay in tears in bed all night
Alone without you by my side

"That is enough" Emily turned off the music .
"What? Why? It's nice song" I whined.
"It's a nice depressing song that you listen to every morning for the past year. And I can't handle this anymore."
"Hugh! Emily you make everything sound dramatic, I just like this song nothing depressing about it."i murmured putting my red pumps on. I am wearing a black dress a conventional one cause I'm going to work.
No, I don't work for Jason anymore, I work for another company pays less but no drama at all since my boss is a women and my neighbor works there.
In Jason news since I left Rome and him we never saw each other again , well he never saw me again but I see him everywhere. His company has grown into a global Success.
And so did his dating life he's been going out with some famous model she's 20 by the way.
You probably saw her at least once in your life if you ever went to a Victoria secret shop.
And you of course want to know what miss Emily has been up to. This gonna be Shocking but Daniel and Emily are engaged.
Yep, engaged after Emily came back with me, I guess Daniel woke up and ran after her. Oh and he changed his job well not technically but instead of running around with a gun he gets to sit in a an office with a gun in a drawer .
Of course Emily was super happy and they started dating again and a week ago he proposed.
"Sky!James is here ." Emily shouted.
I grabbed my bag and ran out the door into his open arms.
"Hey doll ,how are you ? " James smiled sweetly and we started our way down the stairs .
Wait,before getting confused James is just a friend at work who picks me up since we live in the same building
"Good and you ?" He whispered a fine.
James helped me a lot this past year he got me the job and helped me with the break up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The engagement party is in a week and you know now that your gonna have to see him again right?" Emily talked in slow motion as if she's talking to a baby.
We are having dinner discussing the wedding and you know Jason is gonna be the best man and I'm the maid of honor so of course 'the talk' should happen.
You know the talk your ex-boyfriend is going to come back into your life and you need to be strong talk.i hate those talks.i hate all talks actually.
The your about to turn 18 talk , or the one about college the worst of all the one about sex. Like I said I hate those talks.
"Yeah I know that." I muttered.
"And you know he's gonna be around now and I know it's still hard for you and all but could make this a drama free wedding please. if you could do this for me you would be the best friend in the whole wide world and I'll be -" and as they say saved by the bell.
I ran to the door and opened it and quickly gave Daniel a hug more or less thanking him for having perfect timing.
But right when I released him I could have killed him.
"Hey Daniel and umm ... Jason " Emily froze just like I did.
"Hey girls I thought we would start planing the engagement party all of us so we could get things done faster and I get to marry my lady faster." Daniel came up to Emily and kissed her sweetly. I think my eyes watered they look so cute. I want that.
"well come in guys I see you brought pizza. Just the other night someone was nagging about not having some in a long time." She's of course referring to me
"Yeah you wouldn't shut up Emily." I smiled sweetly at her, while she gave me the 'you're not funny' look.
I closed the door behind Jason and ran to my room thinking I could escape this torture but I guess I wasn't fast enough.
"Oh skylar where do you think you going? We have a engagement party to plan and maid of honor should be present." Emily dragged me to the living room, and when I say dragged I mean dragged she got a tight hold of my arm and pushed me to the living room I ended up sitting opposites to Jason.
This gonna be a long night that's all I know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Remember when I said its gonna be a long night .
Guess what the night is still not over.
Let me explain everything that happened.
We started with the colors of the wedding.
We would all pitch in our opinion and this would happen:
"I think red is really a good color s- "I would cut Jason off
"What red please no you should choose violet since its a really light color would go perfect with the spring theme." Jason would glare at me and would say.
"Why only violet ? Beige and purple, off white these would all make a great combination."
"Oh my god that's perfect Jason good thinking" Emily would scribble down whatever Jason said.
Jason 1 - skylar 0
2 hours later the score reached
Jason 50 - skylar 45
I didn't loose count . I think.
"Ok I think that's enough for today." Emily said trying to hide a smirk "Daniel come and help me with something please?" They both stood up and left.
Emily knew exactly what she was doing.what kind of bestfriend does this??

Silence.perfect ,comfortable silence

But Jason had to break it "how have you been skylar?"
"Good , you ?" The first time tonight I looked at his eyes he hadn't changed that much.
"Fine,everyone misses you " he breathed out.
When I walked out of Rome I stopped talking to them all.but it one day a few month ago I ran into summer she was big as a whale we talked for a bit saying that now her relationship with Jason has become much more better and she's getting married in the July and she wants me there .
"Summer told me she saw you 2 month ago."Jason said
"Yeah, we chatted and stuff is her baby born yet?"
"Yeah it's a boy he's 1 month old now he is so adorable."Jason cooed
"Aww I should go visit them then."i murmured to myself.
"i really missed you sky" Jason murmured softly.
I didn't know how to respond I missed him too but I wasn't gonna say that.
When I was finally gonna answer the door bell rang , saved by the bell again .
I jumped to open the door .
James was standing there in his flannel shirt and sweats and a bottle of wine.
"I need you " he breathed pushing past me and entering the living .
You see James and I grew really close and so every now and then when we need advice we would spend a hole night talking and getting drunk.
Unhealthy. I know .
I entered the living room forgetting that my ex was in there.
"Oh hey there I'm James " they both shook hands "dull you didn't tell me you had company " I knew right then What was Jason thinking .
She has a boyfriend?
"No that's okay I was just leaving anyway it's past 11 ." Jason proceeded to walk to the door.
I followed behind him being a good host .but before he walked out the door he approached me making our nose touch. Then he whispered

"We will meet again skylar" he rubbed his nose on mine " you will be mine again skylar " he kissed my nose " I promise" I was breathing harshly when he finally closed the door.
I had to hold on to the door for dear life.
He promised I will be his again I know I should be feeling this way but I am so happy.
Cause I know that I still love him.
"Tell me everything " came the voice of James who was standing in front of me .
With a smirk on his face might I add.
////////////////////////
VOTE AND COMMENT