True colors

The next day Helga felt nervous about her first solo dance, "I can't believe I'm this anxious and Andrew will be there too." said Helga walking in circles in her room, trying to remember all she needed for her performance that evening. 

Helga's phone ring, it was a text from Phoebe.
'Good morning Helga, I have some bad news, I won't be able to attend your dance presentation since my grandmother is very sick and will have to spend all day at her house, I'm so sorry but I'll be there on your next performance.'

'Thanks Phees don't worry about it.' Helga replied back.

Oh well, at least my parents will be there, I guess. She thought.

As Helga walked down stairs to eat breakfast, she saw her mother at the kitchen.
"Good morning honey, are you ready for your dance performance?" Asked Miriam
"You remembered!" Said Helga surprised
"Of course honey, I won't missed it for the world besides your father wants me to make sure you're learning well,  since those class lessons are expensive."

The only good thing about Helga's parents was, they were good providers. Bob was paying for Helga's cell phone, volleyball uniforms, Ballet classes and outfits fees.

"So mom are you dropping me of at the dance studio today?...because I need to be there early for warm up and practice. From there we're going to the dance theater studio to get ready for the presentation, so make sure your there by 7:15 the dance starts at 7:30"

"Sure honey, I'll drop you off and be back for your presentation."

Later that day Arnold and Gerald were hanging out at the arcade.
"So are you ready for tomorrow brother? Make sure you known how to tell her you love her."

"Shish. Gerald when you say it like that, it sounds big... I don't know how to start that topic with her." Said Arnold worried

"Man Arnold when it comes at expressing your feelings, you suck. Just tell her what you told me or once you get home practice, I don't want you practicing here and kissing my hand." Said Gerald laughing

"Gerald come on, It only happened once, but yeah I need to get my act straight and tell her that I love her, I feel like I'm loosing her."

"What do you mean?" Asked Gerald

Arnold looked down in disappointment.
"The other day I was walking towards her locker, when I saw Andrew giving her a teddy bear. She.... looked happy when she saw it...then he asked her something and she was looking down just quiet."

Arnold started to get mad as he was telling the story. "The jerk got closer to her and said something...she replied back and he got all excited about it... so much that."
At this point Arnold closed his fist in anger.
"That he hugged her."

Gerald was quiet for a second.
"Man...brother that's tough, but did she hug him back?"

Arnold thought for a second. "No she didn't...well she said something looking serious and he, let her go."

"Well there you go, you're not loosing her...well not yet. But how do you know she even likes you, I mean she did confess and kissed you but that was a long time ago."

Arnold exhaled... "I don't know the other night, when I was in her room..."

Gerald interrupted." You what!...you never told me about that!."

"There's a lot of things about us that I don't tell you about, those special moments belong to only me." Said Arnold serious.

"Okay I respect that." said Gerald.