The promised

It was Friday evening Arnold was at home doing his homework and thinking about how the day went.

That morning Arnold talked to Helga about getting together after school.
"So do you think we can hang out today after school to talk?"
"Sorry to disappoint you Football head but I'm busy after school."
"Well can we walk together to class?" Asked Arnold
"Sure Arnoldo"

During first period class, Helga sat behind Arnold like usual and Andrew sat next to Helga. Andrew kept making flirty faces at Helga during class. However this time Helga was not upset she was actually smiling at Andrew..
Arnold felt a chill on the back of his neck and turned around to look at Helga, "What?" Replied Helga like she normally does when she throws pieces of paper at him, but this time she didn't throw any, it was Arnold's cold feeling that something had change between Andrew and Helga.

According to Helga she all ready had plans after school but with whom he wonder...
When first period class end, Arnold was following Helga to her locker.

When Helga open her locker a binder and some papers fell out, Arnold run to Helga, "Here let me help you" Said Arnold "where do you come from Football head, where you following me or something?!" Asked Helga looking a bit upset..
As Arnold was kneeling down helping Helga picking up the papers, for a second he was drawn away by her beautiful blue eyes, her long blonde hair with a pink headband and those glorious pink lips he was dying to feel again. For a second he remember the two sweetest kiss Helga had giving him at the rooftop of FTi and at the Romeo & Juliet play, not to mention when she landed her lips on him at the beach supposedly blowing for air.

Back from his back flash he saw a small pink paper that said dance solo recital he immediately grabbed it and hide it while Helga was not looking, "Here Helga this are all your papers" said Arnold while looking a bit nervous. He didn't like to lie but this time it was necessary.

"Sometimes It feels like this year you begin stalking me Arnoldo, what's the deal with you?"
"Ahh... nothing have a good day Helga"
Replied Arnold while walking away, before Helga notices there was a very important paper missing.

Arnold hurried to the boys restroom and look himself inside. He pulled out the paper from his back pocket and could feel his heart racing, what is this he wonder.
The paper said Solo ballet dance performance by Helga Pataki, Saturday at 7:30 at The dance Theatre Studio, it also showed the name of other dancers performing other solos, but Arnold only care about Helga's. "I can't believe it, my Helga dances ballet." Arnold told himself shocked.

Later during lunch the majority of the students were talking about Arnold grabbing Andrew by the collar. It was very unusual for Arnold to show aggression towards anyone.
"So Arnold, I saw Gerald dragged you outside, man Andrew was lucky, you were going to beat his ass if it wasn't for Gerald." Said Raul.
"Yeah, Arnold you looked mad at Andrew what did he do to you?" Asked Harold
"It starts with an H and ends with an A" Replied Josh
"Cool it guys, Arnold is not in the mood."
Said Gerald.
Arnold was just ignoring all the comments eating quietly.

On the other side of the cafeteria Andrew was having lunch with some friends.
"Andrew what happen man? Why did Arnold snatched you like that?" Asked one on the boys.
"He just wanted to talk to me about a girl that's all, apparently he didn't like what I said." Replied Andrew
"Was it about Helga?" Asked Jacob
"Yeah" Replied Andrew
"Why does he care about that?! It's none of his business, you should have told him to f@ck himself." Replied Jacob
"In a way I did and that's when he grabbed me, but it won't happen again. I let him grabbed me once, it won't happen twice." Said Andrew very secure.

After school Helga took off quickly for the next practice she didn't want to say about what. Arnold was thinking if she is not meeting up with Phoebe maybe she was seeing Andrew after school, just the thought of that made him upset he couldn't denied it, he was jealous of Andrew.

Back at his room he finished his homework, he had a lot in his mind, he wish he could just talk to Helga and spend enough time with her so that he could explain how he felt about her. "Oh man I feel like I'm losing her" Said Arnold to himself. "I have to see her dance, I just have to" Said Arnold.

Then a call from Gerald came through
"Hey man what your doing" Asked Gerald
"Just finishing my homework Gerald, why?"
"Because I wanted to talk to you about my date with Phoebe" Arnold was not interested.
"Yeah Okay I'm listening" Replied Arnold.
"I asked Phoebe out today and she mentioned, If we could go out on a double date, I'll go with Phoebe and you'll go with Helga."

Arnold's heart jumped a beat, it woke him up.
"What do you mean, me and Helga?!"
"Yeah man, a double date we can go out to eat and then the movies the four of us, of course at the movies I want to seat with Phoebe alone and you and Helga can have some private time, you'll have enough time to make your move on her." Said Gerald.

"Gerald!! I won't disrespect Helga!!" Yelled Arnold on the phone.

"I meant talk to her, shish..."
Said Gerald

"But what if Helga doesn't accept." Asked Arnold.

"I know, I asked Phoebe that but she said, she talked to Helga and she accepted."

Arnold's mind was blown away at the thought of seating at the movies with Helga, finally having the opportunity to express his feelings for her.

"So Arnold what do you think?"
"Of course I'm in, when do we meet" Asked Arnold.
"Awww I'll let you know but it will probably be this Sunday. We can eat by 5 and catch the 6:30 movie."

Arnold couldn't believe it, even though it wasn't a full date with Helga it was still a date..
Arnold grabbed his notebook and begin to write...

That same night Helga was home reading one of the poem books she took from the library, when she received a call from Phoebe.

"Hey Helga how you been?"
"Good Phoebe I'm reading, why?"
"Well because remember that promised you made to me about the double date?"
"You didn't Phoebe?!"
"Yes, I did...come on Helga, I can't go on this first date with Gerald alone.... please"
Phoebe begged
"You see Phoebe, right when I feel like I'm starting to free myself from Arnold you pull me back to him."
"Please Helga, we're going to eat and then the movies." 
" Very well Phoebe, when?"
"Sunday evening" Replied Phoebe.
"Awww.. this Sunday already ... fine... I'll be there."
"Thank you Helga, you're my best friends."
"Yes, yes I know"  Replied Helga

Author Notes
So now Arnold's knows about Helga's future dance performance and Gerald ask Phoebe out, the double date is on.. 😁