Friendship

Earlier that same day, Arnold was home working on his homework..."I need to talk to Gerald, his my best friend, I can't leave our friendship hanging like that"

Arnold look at his cell phone and was thinking about texting him.. "Nah I'll go to his house, if I text him he may not text me back".

After finishing his homework he arrived at Gerald' house. " Gerald's father open the door "Good evening is Gerald home?",
"Sure thing Arnold, his in his room"

As Arnold was walking towards Gerald's room he begin to walk slower, pondering how will Gerald react once he sees him. "Man, how do I begging?" Arnold asked himself while running his fingers through his hair.

Arnold knocked on the door...knock, knock.
"Come in.." Gerald shouted from the inside of the room.

"Hey Gerald, how....you been?" Asked Arnold nervously.

Gerald turned and glanced at him.
"Oh, it's you" He said with disappointment, turning back to continue working on his homework.

"If this is not the best time, I'll go" Said Arnold has he was walking out.

"You see Arnold that's your problem! You're always thinking less of me, you're here man! Just say, what you need to say!"

Arnold was struggling with the words but he knew, he had to tell Gerald everything.

"You were right Gerald about everything, I don't know why I thought I couldn't trust you.
I've been having problems understanding my own mind and heart but that's no excuse...I spoke to my Grandpa yesterday and...he helped me unravel my mind... and my feelings towards....Helga." As Arnold spoke those words, he still couldn't believe what he was saying.

Gerald started to pay attention to Arnold, quiet listening. Arnold sighed as he began explaining.

"Back in FTi, Helga was....deep voice, she was the one who thought about the tape to save the neighborhood. She encourage me, even when I had lost all hope...."

Gerald's mouth was open with his eyes in shocked. "Why man!? She was going to get rich of the all deal, what could have been better then that?" Said Gerald stunned by what he had heard.

Arnold took a deep breath "She did it for me...when we were at the rooftop she confessed her love to me and....kissed me"

Arnold's face turned red, it was so hard for him to talk about it especially with Gerald, he felt like that special moment belong to him and Helga alone.

Gerald's eyes widened. "Did she kissed you in the mouth or was it a small kiss on the cheek?"

Arnold walked towards his bedroom window and stared outside remembering that moment at FTi as if his mind was still there, at that rooftop.

"She kissed me in the mouth and.....it was breathtaking" Arnold looked at Gerald smiling "Literally she left me without air".

Gerald burst out laughing "Man Arnold, I see you're worst then I thought!"

Arnold continue looking out the window, recollecting the kiss.

His friend lay his hand on Arnold's shoulder and said "So you're really in love with Helga Ugh, and I thought it was just a simple crush but man...your way past that"

"I don't know when my heart change for her Gerald, maybe it was at that rooftop, maybe way before."

"For what it's worth, I'm glad you finally told me"

"So were cool again?" Arnold asked with a soft smile.

"Of course bro..I got your back"

They both did there secret handshakes.

Gerald eyes widened as he remembered what he heard at the cafeteria.
"Arnold! Today at the cafeteria, I overheard Andrew talking to his friends about Helga"

Arnold expression change immediately.
"Are you sure they were talking about my Helga!?"

"Yes man, your Helga, Andrew was asking some dudes if they knew if you and Helga were going out, since you were so protective over her.."

Arnold closed his fist in anger. "That jerk when is he going to stop bothering her! What else did they say!?"

"Well the dude told him that he wasn't sure, but that probably you and Helga weren't together and if he wanted to talk to Helga alone he could meet her after volleyball practice. Oh, I remember that dude's name, it's Jacob his sister plays volleyball, he gave the information to Andrew."

Arnold was extremely nerves trying to figure out what to do to keep Andrew away from Helga. "Wait, what time is it?!" He asked impatiently.

Gerald saw his cell phone screen. " It's past eight, why?"

Arnold was walking in circus thinking.
"Call Phoebe or text her and ask her if she knows if Helga is home."

Gerald immediately texted Phoebe...a couple of minutes latter Phoebe texted back.
'''I'm calling Helga's phone and she's not answering, I called her home number too and no one picked up, I believe Helga had volleyball practice today'''

Gerald showed Arnold the text, he felt like he was loosing his mind.

"Gerald I'm going back to school, I don't feel right, I think Helga is in trouble!"

"Sure man, do you want me to go with you"

"Actually Gerald I need for you to run to Helga's house and see if she's there, if she is, send me a text"

"Sure man, leave it to me" Said Gerald.

Arnold started running towards the school, he felt time was running out, something was not right. He only hoped he could get there on time.