1.7

Jesse

I try to inhale, but I struggle each time I do so. 

It feels as if I am under water, and each time I breathe in, water filters in my lungs. 

The horrible sensation causes to open my eyes, and I'm clearly surrounded by a mass of water. Just like the last lucid dream. This time, however, I'm inside a glass box. 

I struggle my way up and try to push the glass open without any success. It gets harder to hold my breath and I am feeling dizzy.

I am running out of time.

I press my back against one side of the box, and my feet on the opposite, trying to push with the remaining amount of strength I have left. A glimpse of hope emerges when I can see the glass barely cracking. 

I also see a shadow outside of the glass, which catches my attention. 

What helps me acknowledge about the human shadow is that outside is no different than inside. That body is also floating in water, and who knows if it's dead or alive.

Or so I thought. 

The person begins to panic and moves around, which alerts me that he is still conscious. He tries to swim upwards, but struggles to even move up few feet. 

I have lived this before.

His frame is rather too familiar.

I squint at the brunette hair I have seen enough times these past few days to recognize the guy tussling to keep himself from drowning. 

I quickly find the will to bang against the glass with my fist, praying to get his attention. There is so much water gradually filling inside my ears, that I can barely manage to hear the slams I'm doing on the glass. However, he stops moving around, as if something has now caught his eye, or maybe his ear.

I continue hitting the crystal pane, hoping there is some way to make him turn around. Even though it is almost impossible, my mind does not realize that screaming his name will not get me anywhere, yet I still try to do it. I try to shout his name, water immediately filling my mouth. 

"Taehyung! Here!"

He looks both his sides. This is it, I need to do it before it's too late.

"Taehyung!"

And before I lose consciousness once more, I catch a glimpse of him swiftly turning around to my direction.

.

.

.

I open my eyes abruptly, I can hear my heavy panting as I try to decipher where I am. I come to the realization that it was all a dream. 

Or was it really?

I grab my phone and the bright light of the screen dazzles me. Once my vision settles, I glance at the time. 3:21 AM.

I drop my phone to my side and let out a sigh. Another night that I get a lucid dream of those. Ever since I have come to Korea, I have been getting those almost everyday.

I get up from the mattress and take my blanket, slowly as possible so I don't wake up Hannah in the process. She has mentioned before that she would lend an ear any time something would be bothering me, but as much as I appreciate her sympathy, I don't want to keep her awake at unholy hours of the night when she has work the following morning.