0.7

Jesse

"Are you sure about this?"

"Stop asking already. My earphones have a microphone so I'll pretend I'm talking on the phone." I answer annoyed, as I continue walking towards the store Hannah works at. Seokjin is beside me, worried that someone might think I'm going crazy or something.

"Someone has an attitude." He says almost sarcastically.

"This sixth-sense ordeal is new to me, let me try to adapt." I mumble, looking both sides of the street before crossing. 

"I'm sorry." He quickly replies. "I'm not used to this either."

We stayed in silence for a good few minutes until I finally decided to ask him again. "So, what if I leave the country before I can even help you?" I look at him directly into his thoughtful eyes.

"I would probably try to find another way." He shrugs.

"And if you can't find another way?"

He remains quiet for a few seconds before replying. "Then I will have no other choice but to haunt you down."

"Great." I roll my eyes, I only hope he would be joking but at this point who knows anymore.

"So you're picking up Hayeon from her job?"

"Yep, since I don't have much to do and I told her I would be walking." I reply, immediately realizing that he mentioned Hannah's name, when I don't recall it mentioning to him. "How do you know--"

"Jungkook interrupted us earlier, remember?" He says swiftly.

"Ah." Now everything falls into place again. Kind of.

"May I ask you something?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"How did you... die?" I almost murmur it, low enough so bystanders don't hear me. I glance to my side, finding him looking up to the twilight sky.

"That is a great question I can't even answer myself." He sighs, then stares ahead into space. "Considering that my body was in the car when they took it out of the river, most likely I drowned."

I suddenly feel upset as the thought crosses my mind. "Wait, you mean...?"

"Yeah," he turns his head to look at me and smiles nonchalantly. "that night you shouted for me to be careful, I zoned out because of the shock of seeing what was left of my body in that state."

I didn't know what to say after making such discovery. "I'm sorry for asking you--"

"Hey, you were curious. There's nothing wrong about that, especially if you're going to be the one helping me out." He pats my shoulder, giving an icy cold touch and throwing small shocks of electricity that cause me goosebumps. He notices my face and quickly retreats. "Sorry."

"It's okay, I'm--" I was cut short mid-sentence as I crashed hard into someone, almost making me fall back if it wasn't for that same person holding my arm right away.

I take a glimpse at the person, with a bright orange-dyed hair covered by a dark grey beanie. He wears a black hoodie along with dark ripped jeans. He looks pale, as if he isn't feeling well. At that moment, Seokjin said something that I couldn't make out well. "Wha--?"