PROLOGUE

It was a chilly but sunny November morning, and I was walking through what I considered to be similar to a forest. I was surrounded by tall flourishing trees, and as hard as I have tried, I wasn't able to find some sort of outlet. It was a mesmerizing view though, and like most things I would find interesting, I decided to record it with my camera.

As I paced myself through it, I began hearing what sounded like voices from afar. Curious enough, I increased my speed towards those whispers, never losing the grip of my camera that was still recording everything in my path.

Finally reaching where the voices came from, I found what I have been looking for the whole time.

There they were there, in the middle an abandoned public pool that once filled with water and people, was now submerged in pure grass and graffiti art. They were greeting each other like they haven't talked in ages. My dongsaengs, all six of them as happy as ever...

As happy as they looked, there was one small detail that caught my attention.

It was Taehyung.

When Namjoon helped him get up from that dragged mattress he was laying on, I noticed he didn't look... happy. At least not genuinely happy like he usually always is. The others seemed to notice as well, and they pushed him around to cheer him up.

Jungkook then glanced onto my direction, noticed my presence, and pointed. "Oh, it's Jin hyung!"

I put my camera away and jumped down to where they were at. The boys stepped back except for Taehyung, who opened his arms wide and immediately embraced me tightly, laughing just as he was so happy to see me although I saw him just recently. I returned the gesture, feeling content that his smile has returned momentarily.

At that moment, I realized one thing.

You can smile as long as we are together.

We spent the day doing that, laughing together. The maknae found a cart out of the blue, Yoongi got on it and everything went downhill from there. The good idiot almost slams his face on the wall, everyone was almost in hysterics. They all fought for what to play afterwards, several rounds of Rock, Paper, Scissors were made.

It was a beautiful afternoon. I was able to create wonderful memories with my best friends.

As I stared at the scenery while I filmed, a monarch butterfly fluttering over a bed of weeds caught my eye.

Wait, this is not right.

The weather was cold enough to wear gloves. It's not normal for a monarch butterfly to be out on this freezing almost-winter clear climate.

I stopped recording once again, glanced around my surroundings...

This is not right.

No... This is not real.

Just... What is this place?

[Edited - 2018.03.16]