1.5

Jesse

It's been three days since Seokjin disappeared from my sight.

I feel strange. There is a feeling of anxiety that creeps within me every time I end up wondering about his whereabouts. Who knew I would get this attached with a ghost?

I didn't have much to do since Hannah has been working her hardest to get her salary so she can take me somewhere. I told her she didn't need to do that but she insisted; she can get really stubborn at times.

I wanted to grab something to eat but I still don't feel comfortable going to the fridge myself and get food without permission. Mrs. Kim has mentioned it was fine, but no.

So instead I decided to go by myself and buy something to eat somewhere close.

That's what I've been doing for the past week, which I completely hate it since I'm running out of money, but I can't help it.

"Ugh, I need a temporary job." I mumble to myself.

"A temporary job?" I hear a voice repeat what I just said. I turn around and find none other than the guy that Jungkook and I encountered a few days back. I couldn't remember his name so I just replied with a "oh... hi."

"Hello, you're Jungkook's friend, am I right?" He says with a nice smile, I can't help the butterflies on my stomach.

"Yeah, Jesse." I bow. "You're Jae...?"

"Young, Yoon Jaeyoung." He bows back.

"Sorry, I'm terrible with names at this time of my life." I rub the back of my shoulder out of nervousness. He lets out a chuckle. "It's all good. What is a girl doing alone in the streets of Seoul?"

"Just exploring." I shrug.

"That's nice, Seoul has a lot to offer... Well, if you're a tourist, of course." He sighs.

"I guess?" I really suck coming up with a conversation with people I just meet, but what surprises me from all this is that he seems to have patience with me.

"Well, I got to go because my girl is waiting for me, but I hope to see you around!" He waves and disappears from my sight in just moments.

"He seems like a nice guy." I mumble to myself. I wish I could have Seokjin with me, so he could tell me what's his relationship with Jungkook.

But where is he?

I try to think in what ways I could call him but the only few things I remember for summoning a ghost fall between the lines of a paranormal ritual or the ouija board.

"Unless..." I can see from afar a bridge. Maybe if I head to the place where I first found him, he might appear.

So I run there, there is a tiny road that leads to the bottom of the bridge where there is a unfinished walk road parallel to the river. I'm not sure if this is the same spot where the accident happened, but if it leads me to find him, it's worth checking it out.

"Seokjin!" I start shouting. "Are you here? Seokjin!"

There's no sign of his presence, I still haven't felt the chills I usually do when he's around.

I take a deep breath before screaming the name louder. "Kim Seokj--" I'm interrupted by the sound of a ball slamming a wall. I look to my right to see a guy kicking a ball against one of the column structures that hold the bridge continuously.

The bright orange hair was immediately recognizable, and the way he would hit that sphere against the wall confirmed my speculations.