0.9

Jesse

We were fortunate that Officer Min decided to give us a ride back to the Kim household before dawn. The ride back was very quiet, Hannah fell asleep on my shoulder while Taehyung still held the hand I offered to get him up from the mattress back inside the cell at the station. He was very calm comparing to earlier, it reminded me when I first met him at the warehouse a few days ago. Once at our destination, we bid our quick goodbyes to the officer and headed inside without saying a single word to each other. The exhausting aura was felt all around.

We rested through what was left of the morning. Hannah was the one who eventually woke me up past noon asking me if I wanted to go with her to the hospital to visit a friend. I accepted it for some particular reason, gradually regretting it right after because I don't know the person and it would probably be so awkward just standing there like the typically outcast I am.

As we were walking through the cold hallway that leads us to her friend's care room, my walk begins to stiffen a little which usually happens when I don't want to go somewhere. Hannah knows this habit of mine since back in our junior high years, so she noticed right away when I remained more than five feet behind her.

"Don't worry about it, Hoseok is awesome, you won't regret coming with me." She assures as she grabs my wrist and pulls me forward.

She knocks on the door, immediately getting it opened by one of the nurses taking a cart out of the room. She vows politely and walks away.

We enter and find a couple of empty beds lined up separately against the wall, except for the last one where there's a young man enjoying his meal as he watches television. He glances to us and drops the spoon in his bowl of soup. "Hayeonnie!"

"Hobi!" She smiles and rushes to hug him. "I'm so glad you're doing better!"

"I'm really sorry for worrying you, I heard from Namjoon-ah you wanted to visit me earlier." He notices my presence and Hannah turns to me.

"This is my best friend from the United States, she's staying over my house for a few weeks." She tells me to get closer and I quickly vow, I'm starting to get accustomed to this way of greeting.

"Ah! American friend! Good afternoon. I'm Jung Hoseok, nice to meet you."

"You can call me Jesse, pleasure to meet you too." He looks like an outgoing fella. I wonder why he ended up here, maybe he's got a case of anemia or something?

"Hayeon-ah you sit on the bed, let Jesse sit on the chair." He pats the mattress as he signals to Hannah.

"Oh, it's fine! Don't worry about it!" I wave my hands gesturing rejection in the nicest way possible.

"Nonsense! Sit down, I'll love to know more about you. I've seen Kim Hayeon too many times already." He says bluntly, receiving a slap by Hannah on one of the covered legs. "Hey!"

"You know you're my favorite dongsaeng." He ruffles her head and she glares at him, acting like her feelings are hurt. I try to hold my laugh because their bond is so cute.

"So what about these things? Get well soon gifts?" Hannah asks as she points to a bag.

"Oh, not really. Those are Jiminie's things."

"Jimin oppa is here?" She asks, and before he could answer, someone barges into the room with drinks and snacks. I freeze on the spot as I am quick to recognize that same orange-haired idiot I bumped into yesterday, this time with a really nice varsity jacket that makes him look less like a hobo.

"Hey Hope-hyun-- oh?" He notices Hannah first. "Hayeon-ssi?"

"Jimin!" She waves at him a little astonished. "You changed your hair!"