“It’s funny how you got here right after I did,” he said, focusing back on the screen before putting the MacBook to the side.

“You just got back?” I said putting my McFlurry cup on my desk. I sat on my bed and pulled off my shoes as he began to talk.

“Yeah like 10 minutes ago. I went out for pizza with my friend Niall”

“Um, he’s the blonde one right…?” I asked, ashamed of my obliviousness.

“Yep.” He laughed.

“I’m sorry, I’m just really unfamiliar with One Direction” 

“It’s fine. It’s actually a relief to be able to hang out with a girl without her screaming the whole time.” he said causing me to blush for no real reason.

“It’s weird how we’re in a dorm together, usually they only allow girls and guys to stay with the same gender”

“Yeah, but I’m totally cool with it… Especially since I'm sharing a room with a pretty girl” he smirked causing my cheeks to get redder.

“Well thanks. I don’t mind either considering I’m sharing a room with Zayn Malik, a guy from the world renowned boyband, One Direction” I laughed, putting emphasis on his name. He smiled.

“Hey can I have your number?” he asked.

"Sure.” I unlocked my phone and handed it to him as he did the same. I put in my number and he put in his. I looked at it then locked my phone. Instantly it rang and I looked up to see Zayn grinning at me. I looked back at my phone and saw it was a text from the guy sitting right across from me.

"Hey just wanted to see it u weren’t lying 2 me :)"

"Why would I lie? And lol type your words out" I smiled, texting back.

"I don’t know just wanted to make sure. And you just said lol, that’s not typing your words out" he replied.

"Whatever :P I have to call my dad" With that, I dialed my dad’s number.

“Hey Mandy!” my dad said happily. 

“Daddy, hey!”

“How’s college?”

“Well it hasn’t really started yet but I made a friend… Kinda… And you won’t believe who I’m sharing a dorm with.”

“Who?” he laughed

“Zayn Malik, he's in the boyband One Direction.”

“The one with the british guys?”

“Yeah that one.”

“Well tell Zayn he better not try anything with my daughter” I guess my dad was really loud because I heard Zayn chuckle quietly. I bit my lip, embarrassed.

“Whatever dad… is Jason still there?” I asked changing the subject.

“Yeah he's on the couch.”

“I wanna speak to him” I said enthusiastically. I heard some shuffling and my dad’s dog barking in the background.

“Hey Mandy” I heard him mumble drowsily through the phone.

“Hey, were you asleep?”

“Kind of. Are you having fuuun at college?” he laughed in his sleepy voice.

“Sure. It’s cool. I met this girl. It was really random, but yeah… Oh and I don’t think you saw yesterday, but Zayn Malik is my roomate.”

“Um... That dude from One Direction?”

“Yeah”

“Why are you sharing a dorm with a guy?”

“I don't know, but it’s fine.”

“Tell him I said he better stay on his side of the room!” he laughed.

“Shut up!" I laughed

“All I’m sayin’ is you better not come home knocked up.” Of course he'd be the one to say that.

"I’ll call you tomorrow?” I changed the subject, still laughing.

 “Okay." he sighed, "Love you, bye.

“Love you too Jason, tell my dad I said bye.”

"Alright, bye Mandy." he said before we hung up.

“I like your dad” Zayn said, closing his laptop.

“You heard him?” I asked, humiliated.

“Yeah, ‘He better not trying anything with my daughter!’” he mocked my dad and laughed causing me to laugh with him.

“Sorry about that.”

“No it’s fine, I’m the same way with my sisters” he smiled.

“Aww, that’s sweet.”

“Ha, they don’t think so.”

“I’m sure they appreciate it.” I grinned and stood, “I’m taking a shower”

“Have fun” He shouted as I grabbed pajamas and walked into the bathroom. When I got out I braided my hair again and got into bed.

“Goodnight” I turned on my side.

“Night” Zayn said still tapping stuff on his laptop. I drifted off to sleep in a flash.