Shopping with a Friend

To all the people who have fanned me or voted for this story, I love youuu!

*Insert virtual hug here*

Enjoy (:

~~~

Chapter 3- Shopping with a Friend

“Um Zayn, are you busy today?” I asked awkwardly, sitting on bed. I was hoping he wouldn’t get the wrong impression and think I was asking him on a date, because I wasn't. 

“Nope, why?” he asked tapping on his phone, showing no interest.

“Well I’m going furniture shopping and I was wondering if you… wanted to like, come with me since it’s your dorm too.” I stumbled over my words self-consciously. He looked up at me then back at his phone.

“Sure, when are we going?”

“Uh, after I straighten my hair… if that’s okay with you.” I said still clearly sounding uncomfortable despite my efforts to act cool. It’s not that I was scared or shy around Zayn, it’s just that I’ve never really talked to him outside of our dorm. Besides, I’ve only known him for 2 days so who wouldn’t be a bit nervous?

“Why are you talking like you’re afraid of me? Of course it’s okay” he laughed and locked his phone, staring directly at me.

“Well I don’t want to appear too forward, I guess”

“Ahh don’t worry. I love confident girls, be yourself” he smiledm causing my cheeks to burn red.

“Okay, but you can’t hate me if I start to annoy you because you’re the one who told me to be myself” I smirked and grabbed my flat iron.

“Don’t worry, I have no right to judge,” he laughed lightly as I walked into our bathroom and did my hair. It was curly from when I took a shower this morning. When it was finally straight, I walked back into the room to see Zayn, back on his phone tapping. God, I wonder what he types that’s so long. Twitter, I guess?

“Ready to go?” I said walking over and sitting on my bed, grabbing my purse.

“Yeah” he said. He put his phone to the side and pulled out Supras. He slipped on his shoes, as did I, and put his wallet in his pocket. For protection against fans noticing him, he put on super dark tinted sunglasses. He couldn’t wear a hoodie because it’s still summer, almost fall, but it’s still too hot.  Yeah, he was probably going to get mobbed. When we walked out the doors, for some reason I became insecure, I started to question myself with things like, “Is my outfit okay?”

I tried to brush it off but I don’t know. I guess hanging around Zayn just provoked unnatural behavior.

“Are we taking my car or...?” I asked not completing my sentence.

“We can take mine if you don’t want to drive, it doesn’t matter. Just know we’ll probably get recognized” he laughed at the last part causing me to laugh too.

“My car it is then.” We hopped into my BMW and I drove to our first stop, Urban Outfitters. By time we left, Zayn had already bought 3 mirrors. No wonder why they call him vain. We got a cool rug, clocks, a funny welcome mat, kitchen stuff, a couch, a cool shower curtain and a table. What I bought for myself was tons of storage. I mean, I’ve got a lot of stuff. It was fun arguing over who was gonna pay. I insisted that I would, but Zayn wanted to as well. We ended up splitting it. People recognized Zayn, but for the most part they just took a lot of pictures of us walking around. Only about 5 people actually walked up to him.