Chapter Four: Blue Sky by Hale

"'Cause there's a Blue Sky waiting tomorrow, waiting tomorrow. Shining and Shimmering. A Blue Sky waiting tomorrow, waiting tomorrow. Maybe it's all we need."

-Blue Sky by Hale

**********

March 24, 1986 (Monday)

"Salutatorian, Rhea Angeles..."

"Ang ganda talaga ng anak ko." Cleofe praised Dawn. She was next to go up on the stage 'cause she's the Valedictorian of their batch.

"Mum, Is dad really coming?." She ask.

"Don't worry. I know he had a strong reason why he can't come."

"And our Valedictorian for the Batch 1985-1986, Marie Rachel Taleon!"

There she goes up the stage with her mom with her. But she's still looking around to find her dad, but he's nowhere to be found. There's a pinch of pain that struck her heart. And Cleofe can see and feel that. She might be the Valedictorian of their class that supposed to be the happiest of them all, but no. Her dad was not with her who promised her that will come. Her Kuya George was there while clapping and watching them, taking pictures. Mommy Cleofe ask him to go up the stage and take a picture of them three. She tries to put a smile on her face even it's really hard.

After the graduation ceremony, they all greeted each other a congratulations before bidding their final goodbye. At the house, Dawn was still not in herself. Her dad really didn't come. She tries to understand but there's a heavy thing in her heart that she can't keep herself from crying. There's a party in their mansion that night, but she choose to stay inside her room and cry. A knock stopped her and make her open the door.

"Mum."

"Dawn. You need to get outside and enjoy your party."

"Mum, I'm not in the mood." She said and threw herself on the bed. Cleofe sit at the edge of her bed and caress her hair.

"Dawn. C'mon. Your dad called and he said, the plane was delayed in flight, so he didn't make it here."

She remain silent and didn't say a thing. Still her face was buried on the bed.

"Dawn" Cleofe said with a warning voice

Finally, she stood up and hug her mum.

"I'm sorry mum. I shouldn't have act like a kid a while ago." But her heart is still aching

"It's okay Dawn. Let's go down the party. Your visitors missed you a lot."

They went down and saw all of the people around. They all were partying and enjoying their cocktails. It was actually a pool party at their mansion. All of her cousins come to see her but her Dad was nowhere. They all greeted her and give her the gifts, but it's just not enough. She got bored on the party and decided to scroll on her phone. Scrolling down the contacts' names, stopping at Richard's name.

"What if..."

She pressed the 'call' button and it immediately answers the phone.

"Hello? Rach?"

"Rich?"

"Yeah? Why did you call?"

"Uhm... I just need a company right now. I was wondering if you could..."

"Where do you want me to meet?"

"Maybe, Tomas Morato? After's Café?"

"Alright, I'll be there in a minute."

"Thank you. Bye."

She drop the phone call and got her keys to the car and immediately drive the car. Yeah, she knows how to drive and she has her own car. An Audi one. Her dad gave it to her when she graduated from elementary.