Chapter Twenty-Eight

Candace Miller

Even though Vinny wasn't an ICONic Boy anymore, he still came to ICON with us and danced, helped out. I was sad that he wouldn't be going to ABDC with us, and it was weird to do interviews without him.

 Speaking of interviews, I had never done one before. Yet here I was, about to start one. The boys and I matched in clothes and shoes; black 'Be ICONic' shirts, black skinny jeans, blue Vlados. My Vlados had a bit of purple on them, so I wasn't completely dressed like the boys.

  "Hey, I'm Chris Tronden and I'm here again with the ICONic Boyz!" Chris said into the microphone.

 Madison grabbed the mic. "And Candace!"

   "And Miss Candace!" Chris laughed. We sat around him in a half-circle. It started with Julian, then Jason, Louis, Nick, Chris, Mikey, me, Madison, and Thomas.

  "Okay, so let's get started with a few fan questions. They would like to know more about you, Candace. JulieX would like to know if you are an ICONic Girl." Chris said, reading from his phone.

  "No, I am not." I smiled into the microphone.

 "If anything, she's and ICONic Boy." Thomas said.

  "Gee, THANKS, Thomas." I said as they all cracked up laughing.

 "No no! That isn't what I meant!" Thomas laughed. "I meant, you hang out with us more than girls and we tend to forget you are a girl yourself."

  "That is true. Like sometimes they forget and start taking their clothes off in front of me."

 "Yeah, 'forget.'" Madison air quoted with a laugh.

 Chris laughed. "Alright, what's the last song you listened to?" He held the mic in front of Julian.

  "Call Me Maybe," Julian grinned.

 "Actually before we came here for the interview, we were all at Madison and Candace's house and Mrs. Alamia drove us here so Call Me Maybe was the last song we all heard." Jason nodded.

  "Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number," Louis started to sing.

"SO CALL ME MAYBE!" We all laughed.

  "That song is so annoying," Nick said.

 "Okay, so how about we go around in a circle and say some of the craziest things that have happened to you all when you're together." Chris handed Julian the microphone.

  "Rolling the window of a car up, and getting my toe stuck." He said and passed the mic to Jase.

 "Putting a whole in the wall with my head."

 "Shot in the butt with a paintball gun."

  "Mikey fell off of my roof."

 "Being pushed off of Nick's roof." Mikey gave Nick a look and we all laughed.

  "Getting proposed to. Twice." I said, glancing at Jason and Mad.

   "I'm still flabbergasted about getting stuck in that locker."

 "Falling out of the car." Thomas sighed.

  "Getting gum in my hair." Julian shook his head, shaking his bouncy black hair.

 "Threatened to be roundhouse kicked through a wall." Jase smiled at me.

  "Thomas knocked Nick out with a basketball once." Louis laughed.

 "Madison punked me, saying he had tickets to a Drake concert and he was taking me." Nick glowered.

  "Thomas twisted his ankle when he dougied on a wet floor." Mikey grinned.

 "Got married."

  "Got divorced." Madison put a hand on my shoulder.

 "I don't even want to know." Chris laughed.

  "Before the interview, Candace and Nick ran into a window and broke it." Thomas wrapped it up.

 "Want to explain that? Or should I?" Nick asked me. I pointed at him. "Okay, Candace took my snapback and was running around with it so I chased her. There was this office, with a window in the door, and she stopped in front of it. I tackled her, you know, and we fell through it. Then we just walked away like nothing happened."

  "The thing about it is I was under him so he didn't take any of the blow."

 "Oh my God, I'm sorry, but don't ever use 'under him' and 'blow' in the same sentence!" Madison laughed and fell out of his chair.

  "You are so gross!" I elbowed him and buried my face in my hands.

 "It's cool, we all know you want me." Nick winked at the camera. I groaned.

  "Well this interview has been fun! We'll do another one before and after you perform on America's Best Dance Crew. I must say, I'm excited to see you back on there! And Candace, I can't wait to watch and see you with the crew!" Chris finished up the interview and the cameras were turned off.

  We stayed and joked around for a little while after that, though.