Chapter Twelve

Candace Miller

GrandMan: Staying grand? <3

I smiled, glad that Vinny was so persistent about talking to me.

Yes sir <3

:) Good. What's up??

Nothing, bored. Wanna come over?

I would but I can't. x( We have to be at ICON in half an hour

Madison too?

Yeah.. You should come!!

Hahaha, no.

WHY?!

I just don't want to right now... I'll call you later, kay?

Hhhh. Okay. Bye babe <3

Bye Vincent <3

"Candace!" Madison yelled, opening our door.

"What?''

"Hitting on Vinny, are you?" He sat on my stomach.

"What are you talking about?" I didn't like Vinny...

Candace, who are you kidding? The Mikey thing started out this way, don't make it happen with Vinny too.

"Inviting Vinny over? Texting only him? You're digging on the Grand Man before you're done with Spikey Mikey!"

"I'm not 'digging' on anyone." I was lying through my teeth.

"Candace. Who do you like?" Mad took my hand and played with my fingers.

"No, I feel like a slut."

"You are not a slut!" He looked at me bewildered. "Just be honest with me. Who?"

"Mikey... Vinny...Kinda Jason and..." You...

"And who?"

"No one."

"Who's your best friend?"

"You and Vin."

"Who's your boyfriend?"

"I don't have one."

"Who do you have most in common with out of the crew?"

"Vin and Mikey," Where was he going with this?

"Who is your dream guy out of the crew?"

"Vin or Mikey."

"Out of Vinny and Mikey, who do you like more?" Madison watched me think it over.

"I... it's dead even. Both." I sighed.

"Hmm. Well, I don't know what to say. Because their both in love with you..."

''That makes me feel horrible. How about I just move to another state, they forget about me, marry super models, and I die alone with seventy-two cats?"

"You most definitely won't die alone, and they won't marry super models as long as you're heart is still beating." Madison was starting to grow heavy on my stomach.

"Help me," I whined.

"I think you should just forget their existence and be with me." Madison grinned although his tone was serious.

"I'd love to, Madison." I matched his serious tone.

"Marry me?" He had got off my stomach and lay beside me.

"Definitely."

He laughed and kissed my cheek. "But seriously, I do think you should give it time and see who you truly love."

"How do you not have a girlfriend?"

Madison laughed again and shrugged.

***

About a week had passed since I had caught the boys talking, and I hadn't spoken a word to anyone but Vinny and Madison. Not Jason or Nick, or Louis or Thomas. I rarely left my room, only to eat dinner or go places Madison forced me to go.

Hey, would you like to spend the night? Vinny texted me.

I doubt I can. Would his parents mind him being alone with a girl all night? Would Mrs. Alamia mind?

My parents are cool with it. Bianca wanted to watch a movie with us :)

Okay :) I'll go ask.

"Mrs. Alamia?" I walked to the kitchen where she was making breakfast.

"Yes, dear?"

"Can I spend the night at the Castronovos'?"

She smiled. "Yes. But what happened to Mikey?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're always with Vincent now, and never him. Did you break up?"

"We were never dating. We got in a fight and..."

"I see. Hey, do you know when Madison will be home?" She flipped a pancake.

"Anytime, I think." I called over my shoulder, already halfway to my room.

I can! :D

Grand! Mad and I are leaving T-Money's now, be there soon.

The door opened, but I didn't look up from my laptop.

"Hey," I said, thinking it was Mad and Vin.

"Hey." Nick said. I looked up and saw all of the ICONic Boyz.

"Um... Care to explain, Madison?" I turned my gaze on him.

"Well, you see, I felt that you and the boys needed to make up. So here they are. And here you are. And you should talk to them. Or I will lick your face. Again."

"No, please! Not that!" I mocked, horror on my face.

"Oh, yes. I'll do it." He grimaced. I laughed and looked at the others. Vinny grinned at me.

"Hey Vin." I smiled. Mikey took notice of that and looked at the ground. "Why are you all just standing there awkwardly?"

I scooted up to my headboard, making room for them to sit. I loved how they all squeezed onto my bed and never on Madison's.

Mad sat next to me, Vinny next to him, then Thomas, Jason, Louis, Nick, Mikey.

"Let's get straight to the heart of the problem. Normally I would back out and let you two fix it, but that obviously isn't going to happen. Now. Candace, Mikey, I understand how you feel about the situation. But can we all just forget it happened?" Madison was acting so formal I couldn't help but laugh. Everyone agreed though.

"Okay, so now I want you two to hug."

I stood up and fixed my shirt. Mikey stood, and wrapped an arm over my shoulders as I put one around his waist. We squeezed awkwardly.

"You can do better than that!" Nick said. I blushed and faced Mikey, actually hugging him.

"Alright, now group hug!" Madison shouted.

Mrs. Alamia walked in during our group hug. "Aww, that's sweet. Breakfast is ready."

"Food! Yes!" The boys fought over who got out of the door first. Mikey and I were left alone.

"Well, isn't this a deja-vu moment..." I muttered.