Chapter Seventeen

Candace Miller

I really needed to think things through. I told Mikey I was falling for him, I told Vin the same thing. I needed to choose. I had to. I couldn't keep doing this, leading them both on.

  Did I mention the fact that all of the boys had watched us kiss on the balcony?

 That was the first time I think I've ever seen them up before ten o'clock on summer vacation. I think Madison went into shock about it, actually seeing it happen. Who knows how long they stood there? How much they heard?

  How much Vinny saw.

 Now, I was home alone with all seven of them, since Mrs. Alamia was working a night shift.

(A/N: Sorry about the font change!! I wrote this on the notes section of my laptop when I first wrote the story and didn't know the fonts were different. Try to ignore it, please. <3)

I logged onto my online blog that I had started so long ago. I hadn't updated in a while, so I decided to do so. My name was currently Candace Alamia. Madison had changed it to that. At some point, it had been Castronovo, Mara, Fusco, and even Smith.

I had just stuck with Alamia, unsure of what else to change it to. I could always put Miller, my real last name, but I didn't want anyone to know my identity.

Seeing Candace Alamia printed on the screen made me frown. I had had feelings for more than one of the boys, and Madison had been one of them. I just hated that! Why did I have to like any of them? Heck, I lived with Madison. And Jason?! Really? I loved him to death but he was only a friend. ONLY. Nick... Well, I never liked Nick. I just chose Mara in a sisterly way. Of course I was in love with Mikey so that was pretty self explanatory. Vinny... I loved him too.

  I sighed in defeat, and closed my laptop. All of this over a stupid last name. I rubbed my forehead and groaned.

"Hey," None other than Mikey Fusco walked into my room, laying down next to me.

"Hi." I said shortly, still feeling miserable and trashy.

"What's up?" Mikey's shirt was rising up, and his abs were partially showing.

"Just thinking..."

"About what?"

"Everything." I sighed again, glancing at my laptop. Mikey pulled it onto his chest and opened it.

"Candace Alamia?" He questioned, his eyebrows furrowing. He looked a little upset.

"Don't worry about it. I don't know what to change it to. Any ideas?"

Mikey clicked into the settings, and over to the name box. His fingers lingered over the keys as he thought. He typed in my middle name. Candace Marie? He tapped the backspace button. Candace Miller? No, not that either. He pondered for a few seconds then put in 'Candace Fusco.'

"Your last name?" I asked with a chuckle. He waggled his eyebrows at me.

"It has a ring to it." Mikey smiled. My eyes wondered down to his six-pack, staying there for a few moments before I had to wrench my gaze away. Mikey caught me staring and smirked. I rolled my eyes, blushing, and turned back to the laptop.

All of a sudden, Mikey's face lit up. He blocked my view from the computer and typed for a few minutes, before shutting it. "What did you-" I started to ask, but got cut off.

"WOOOOOOOOH!" Vinny screamed repeatedly, running down the halls, reminding me that the door was open and anyone could see us.

 "Vin! Calm down!" Madison shouted.

"I should go control them." Mikey sighed, standing up.

"Good luck," I smiled faintly, sad that he was leaving.

  "Come with me," He gave me a grin.

"I'll be down in a minute." I smiled. He started walking to my door, pausing halfway through, turning back to me. Then, being totally Mikey, he raised his shirt up to his chin and started doing the Cat Daddy. I laughed, which seemed to satisfy him. He smiled and shut my door.

The temporary happiness faded with his presense. I chuckled once more at how much of a goofball he was and opened my laptop.

My last name was no longer Alamia, or Fusco, or anything like that.

Mikey had chosen the perfect one; 'Candace. Just Candace.'

And he had written a post.

'Candace is Candace. Just Candace. She is different, but that's how I like it. As Vinny would say, ''If you're not weird, you're not GRAND." She is her own person, not someone elses. No one can change her or phase her. Haters can keep on hating because we couldn't care less. Candace is beautiful, inside and out. She's so smart, and funny, and just CRAZY. It's why I love her. She is GRAND and I'm proud to call her my best friend. I love you, Candace, and I'll always be your Spikey Mikey.

                                                       - Mikey Fusco <3 '

I smiled, my heart fluttering along with the million butterflies in my stomach.

 "It's been a minute." Mikey said at the door. I laughed and shut the laptop, standing up. Downstairs, the boys were playing Down by Jay Sean.

  Mikey kissed my cheek with a smile and grabbed my hand. He tugged me down the stairs, where it was chaos.

  If the guys weren't dancing or singing, they were chugging Monster engery drinks. Whatcha Say by Jason Derulo played next, and I was laughing my ass off at the expressions Jason and Madison made while dancing. Vinny was doing the dougie with Thomas in the middle of the living room. Louis had a Ustream going.

Mikey grinned at me and joined Vin and Thomas. He winked at me. Madison started singing along to the song and pulled me out there to dance with him. 

This would be a fun night.