Foreword

Baekhyun never had many friends, but after an accident leaves him mute he limits contact with just about anyone.

Chanyeol could have anyone he wanted, but he fell for the light haired boy who never spoke. Until, he found out that Baekhyun was mute. He left and Baekhyun thought he would never see Chanyeol again.

Three years later the two meet again, this time as college roommates. Chanyeol doesn't remember, but Baekhyun does. After that one year Baekhyun broke off contact with Chanyeol. Chanyeol figures out why a little too late.

But fate was determined to drive them together. Two years later they met again, this time to shoot a movie. In the movie Baekhyun played a mute boy and Chanyeol played the role of the mute boy's lover. Only unlike the reality they live in, the movie ends with them together. Determined not to let Baekhyun slip through his fingers again, Chanyeol did what he should have done all those years ago...

***

This story is split into three parts:

Part One: Senior year of high school.

Baekhyun's the nobody, and everyone knows Chanyeol. Unrealistically, the two become close. After finding out Baekhyun's most hidden secret, Chanyeol moves away. He remains popular even at his new school. Baekhyun goes to speech therapy and learns to talk again. Just because he can talk doesn't mean he always does and the two meet again in their last year of college.

Part Two: Last year of college. (Three years later)

Chanyeol moves back and the two become roommates. Chanyeol doesn't recognize Baekhyun at all, even though Baekhyun drops more than enough hints. On the last day, Baekhyun straight up tells Chanyeol in a letter. By the time Chanyeol reads it, Baekhyun was long gone. Chanyeol realizes that he loves the brunette, just a little too late.

Part Three: Just for business. (Two years later.)

They meet again for a movie shoot that hits a little too close to home for comfort. Chanyeol can't believe his luck and Baekhyun seems indifferent. The two relive some of their most memorable memories, but one side feels different. Fate certainly has its way to twist things upside down.

***

I was unable to meet standards. You were prideful.

I was unable to remember. You were fleeting.

I was unable to forgive. You were determined.

Unable : A Story Told Thrice
A Chanbaek FanFic
By : MyOnlyLoveIsLu