FAE - Chapter Five

Chapter Five

“Tick Tock goes the clock.”

Kingdom of the Dark Fae

Alderon walked through a black dungeon followed by one of his faithful servants. There were cells everywhere filled with all sorts of creatures that defied human imagination. One-eyed monsters, three-legged beasts, all imprisoned by magik waiting anxiously to be unleashed to do Alderon’s bidding.

Alderon walked the long hallway, pausing at each cell to take its occupant in. He’d lift his hand up facing the cell, and black energy would move from his palm as he felt the creature’s essence. After a deep breath, he’d walk away, because the beast wasn’t worthy.

“For thousands of years I have collected every despicable creature in the universe, and I have yet to find the one that can destroy her,” he told his servant, Puck, who kept a few paces behind.

Puck was something of a legend amongst the Dark Fae. A mischief maker, a Fae that wanted harm to befall all those that he came in contact with. He was most famous for inspiring Shakespeare by entering his life and wreaking havoc everywhere he went. He had then been immortalized in the human world in A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Because he had interfered so many times in human lives, he had been banished from entering the human world for a thousand years by the light Fae, and he counted the days until he could enter their realm again.

He was Alderon’s favorite servant.

“Indeed, milord. Once we have finished here, and if nothing is to your liking, we will look in the least obvious of places. And we will find what you need.”

Alderon smiled. “We shall, indeed.”

Alderon stopped in front a cell and faced a giant of a monster. It was well over twenty feet tall, jagged teeth lined its enormous mouth, and it was covered in blood-red scales. The creature had no eyes, no nose, no ears. Only its teeth and horns.

“Ahh, here we are,” Alderon said.

“Wrath?” Puck tried to hide his confusion.

“Do you know how powerful his horns are? A touch from one of those can kill any mortal or immortal instantly. He is said to have been created in the darkest recesses of the universe when there was no light. Before even the existence of Odin.”

Puck’s eyes widened. “Is he the only one?”

“There is another that I have yet to find and capture.”

“Could he destroy Odin?”

Alderon smiled. “I hope to test that one day. Once I learn how to tame him.”

The creature sat cross-legged on the ground and moved its hands out, feeling the energy around him.

“He is beautiful, is he not?”

“Yes, milord.”

“I found him the day Tatiana and Devilyn were taken,” Alderon explained. “One of the reasons why I was away and unable to stop their abduction.”

Puck looked cautiously over at Alderon and was quiet.

“What is it you wish to ask me?”

“With your permission,” Puck responded, slowly.

“Granted.”

“Why did they take Tatiana as well? She is not half light, half dark, like Devilyn. She is a pure Dark Fae.”