Chapter 2

~*~ CHAPTER 2 ~*~

The next morning I woke-up earlier that I expected. I have class today with Greyson at London Business School. It was 7:20 am, the sun’s just about to rise. I walk over to my balcony and sat on the empty couch. The cold breeze of London’s city air, brushes through my face. I snuggle closer to my soft pillow and gently close my eyes thinking of the days ahead of me.

I had an hour and a half left ‘til I go to the Uni. I decided to get my guitar and place my fingers of the strings silently strumming on the chords of Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran. I sing to the beautiful music softly as possible so I would disturb Sophia my manager.

As I sing to the lyrics of the song, it reminded me of how much I’ve always wanted to feel love. I write songs about it, but I’ve never actually gotten the chance to experience it. I frown at that thought and close my eyes with a heavy sigh.

“What is it Char?” my thoughts were slightly disturbed by Sophia entering the room.

“Sophia.”

“You’re thinking Char, what is it?”

“It – its n-nothing, really.” I shook my head in disagreement while stuttering my words.

“I know you Charlotte. It’s never ‘nothing’ when you wake-up early in the morning and I find you silently singing.”

She was right; I guess she’s known me for so long.

“It’s just the game. I’m afraid.” I say in full honesty.

“You’re a strong girl Charlotte, you have nothing to be afraid of. You’ve got courage of a lion and stamina of a tiger.”

I laughed as she just referred to one of my singles.

“ Thanks, Sophia. What would I do without you?” I give her the sweetest smile ever.

“Now, get ready you!”

I hopped out of my chair and washed-up.

GREYSON’S POV.

I silently sat on the hotel dining table while drinking my hot chocolate. Everyone else was still asleep even mom and dad. I couldn’t stop thinking of this game. Why the frack did I just say yes? Grr. Maybe because I love my career so much, this was always what I’ve wanted to do; perform.

I was going to London Business School today to study about business. I’ve always wanted to study business, but not now. Not when I’m still a child. How could they create such a hell of a game? What kind of child would want to be an adult at such a young age?

I let out a heavy sigh. I talked to mom and dad about the game. Apparently they agreed to the contract and I stand alone in this matter. I sit here just wondering if Charlotte was thinking the same thing. She seemed quite hesitant while making a decision.

Gosh, she was so pretty. I couldn’t stop looking at her yesterday. I know, we’ve met before and all. But that was the first time I ever found her so attractive. I sort of had an insy-tinsy-tiny crush on her when she posted that video on YouTube, I couldn’t stop freaking out when I knew she was going to be on Ellen. I even begged Ellen to invite me over just so I could meet her. But my record label had something else in mind that time. I had to record my first single and start working, so, I was mainly busy.

I stood-up from the chair and went to the nearest window by my side to see the wonderful sight of London. I wonder if Charlotte was looking at the same thing, it was just so beautiful.

I washed-up so I could leave early. I can’t wait to see Charlotte this morning. I smile at the thought of seeing her pretty face again.

CHARLOTTE’S POV.