Chapter 5

Jacks pov.

I arrive at the venue the show is being held at. The venue is so big and Im so glad that I don't have to sing I'm just in the background playing guitar. I meet with the tour manager of the whole thing,he introduces me to the acts I'm playing for. There's only two of them but I'm quite excited because I've never professionaly played before only for my own pleasure.

The show has finished and I'm just packing up my guitar about leave when I feel a tap on my shoulder. I look up to see a man with a bald head but a warm smile.

"hi,I'm Blair dreelan and I need a 5th member for my boyband"no,he can't be asking me what I think he is.
"can you sing?"

"I think so"I laugh.

"come talk to me"so I pick my guitar up and follow him.

"now,sing me a song any song you want"I sing a little bit of an original song I wrote.

"would you like to trial for my boyband?"

"I'd love to but I need to go talk to my mum"

"of course,I know"

We walk out together,I meet the rest of the band and we head to my house. I need to tell sophie but I don't want to hurt her,what should I do? For about an hour we all talk about what it's like being in the band and all about each other,I then get the news that my mum is going to let me go.

"right that's perfect,I'll buy his plane ticket. Go and pack a bag for two weeks jack"

"ok!"I head upstairs and pack the biggest suitcase I have.

When I've packed my suitcase I head back down stairs to see them stood at the door waiting for me. Rye grabs my bag and I say bye to my mum and give her a hug. I then say bye to my little sister,I'm gonna miss her so much.

"bye Emily,I'll miss you"she sheds a few tears.

"can we just stop by my best friends house quickly?"

"if your really quick"

"I will be,she only lives down the road"

"ok,come on then"

We all get in the car,Rye puts my bag in boot then sits next to me in the car. We drive to sophies house so that I can say bye to her. She's gonna be so upset but I'm going whether she wants me to or not.
I knock on the door,suddenly I get really nervous.

"jack,why are you here?"she hugs me.

"I need to talk to you"

"what's wrong?"

"I'm leaving,going to trail to join a boyband"

"w-what?"

"I have to be quick but I'll be back in two weeks"I hug her really tight.

"oh ok bye"I can see tears well up in her eyes,she shuts the door before I could say anything else.

I walk back to the car and get in saying nothing to nobody,what a great first impression. I put my ear phones in and fall asleep.

"jack,Jack mate" someone shakes me lightly.

"hmmm"I see its mikey standing over me.

"we're at the airport"I get out and grab my bag,I also grab one of the other bags.

We head to our plane as we have half an hour to find our gate,then get through security and actually board our plane. We run to our gate and get through security pretty quickly, ten minutes to spare.
On the plane it goes,me next to Blair,then Rye,Andy and mikey sit on a three seater row next to us. Rye vlogs us and they do that to upload onto YouTube and the covers we film go up on YouTube as well. On the plane Blair plays me some of their covers they've posted on YouTube,I'm being brutally honest when I say they are amazing at singing and I'm really not as good as any of them. For the rest of the flight,which is only about twenty minutes,I sleep and as they get to know me they will find out I like to sleep ALOT like more than a eighteen year old should.

We have arrived at their flat. Number 64. I grab my bag and we all head into the flat. Its small for 6 guys to live in but I feel it's gonna be livable. There's a kitchen,bathroom,a bedroom and a bedroom/living room. I feel like I'm going to like it here. Its only 8:30 so we get all unpacked then they show me what it's like living with them,what kinds of things they usually do and everything else. I really like it already,I so hope that I will get a place in the band. We are having a little singing sesh because we having nothing to do but it's too early to go to bed. Although secretly I could have slept right then and there. I then get a call from my mum.

"lads,I'll be a minute my mums calling"

"alright jack"

Call with his mum.

"hi mum"

"hi sweety"

"how are you enjoying it there so far?"

"I love it,I mean it's a lot different to being at home but I like that"

"I'm glad your liking it"

"I really am"

"well,I just called to see if you were ok. How did it go down with sophie?"

"I don't really know,I don't think very well. I told her and she looked hurt,she then shut the door in my face before I could say bye properly"

"oh right,text her. She will appreciate an explanation"

"I will"

"well your sister wants to talk to you so bye for now love you"

"bye mum"

"JACK!!"my sister shouts through the phone.

"Emily,hi"

"I miss you"

"I miss you more"

"it's quiet without you singing all the time"

"is that a good thing"I laugh.

"no!"

"oh sorry"I laugh at how she shouted it.

"it's ok,I'll see you in two weeks"

"see you later em"

"bye jack"she hangs up,I open the kitchen door and the boys fall in guessing they were listening.

"you're so nosey,I said nothing bad"I laugh walking past them.

"I like you jack,I'm not kidding something about you I like that I've never liked about any other trialists"

"why thank you,I feel privileged"I smile sitting on my bed.

"Im gonna go to sleep"Andy says to us a few hours later of us not doing much.

"same"Rye and mikey both say.

I was asleep until they started talking!

"I think jacks already asleep"Rye whisper shouts all the way over to Andy.

"well if he was you've definitely woke him up"Andy scolds.

"jack"I hear Rye call my name.

"jack"I'm not answering him,I'm trying to sleep.

"jack"what could he possibly want.

"jack"OMG.

"jack"

"what Rye?! What's wrong?!"

"just wanted to see if you were awake"

"well I am now,clearly"

"ok"

I turn over and try to sleep but obviously Rye interrupts again.

"Brook"

"Brook"could he get any more annoying.

"Brook"

"Brook"

"Brook,wake up"

"Brooklyn,wake up"

"Rye shut your face right now"Andy shouts,thank God andys here.

"sorry"he finally settles down and goes to sleep and Brooklyn didn't even wake up!

I finally fall asleep.