11.Beach

Denver

Do I tell Ren that my sister Cheated on him with my best friend? Or did she cheat of Xavier? I have no clue at this point. I mean, Ren did almost kiss me but he didn't.

I toss and turn in my bed and eventually give up. I grab my jacket and go to the old tire swing. I swing and swing and think.

Xavier said he loved me. Loved me? When did this happen? He's my best friend. I call him when times are tough and we get high and talk about the deep issues of the world. Suddenly he loves me but he fucked my sister. That isn't love. That's stupidity. Paige is a horrible human being. She may be my sister but I don't have to like her.

Paige has Ren but she cheated on him. She's getting married to Ren. Ren loves Paige. Why is everything so confusing? Does he not see what a horrible person she is? She's so shallow and plastic.

"You look deep in thought." A voice says.

I over and see Ren. His presence isn't wanted at this moment. I ignore him and continue to swing.

"I'm sorry, Denver. I didn't mean it." Ren says.

"You still said it." I say not meeting his eyes.

"It was stupid. I panicked. I didn't understand why I tried to kiss you and I tried to make an excuse. It was wrong of me.." Ren says.

"You're forgiven." I say.

"I'm gonna go back to Paige. She's asleep." Ren says.

"Ren?" I ask.

"Yes?" He asks.

"Do you really love Paige?" I ask.

"Of course." Ren says.

"Okay." I say and push the ground with my feet to swing.

Ren leaves and walks inside the house and back to my sister. I won't tell him. He loves her. They can be happy together. I'm not going to ruin that. Paige can do that herself. My heart hurts.

After an hour, I go back inside and lay in my bed. I roll over and still can't sleep. The sun is starting to rise before I finally fall asleep.

                               Ren

I lay beside Paige and Think of Denver. It's wrong. So wrong. I shouldn't think of Denver. I'm not with Denver. I'm not marrying Denver. I need to stay very far away from Denver before I mess up and actually kiss her or something.

Denver looked so troubled and deep in thought as she sat in that tire swing. I hate that I did that. I won't hurt her again. I'm going to leave her alone and focus on Paige.

I pull Paige close to me and lay my head on her chest. I fall asleep beside Paige but all I can think about is Denver.

I wake up alone in Paige's bed. I walk downstairs and Find Paige with a bridal magazine. I shuffle through the cabinets for food.  Denver walks down the stairs softly and leaves through the back door. Probably to see Xavier. The thought makes my blood boil. It's shouldn't. I shouldn't care.

"What's Den's issue? She's never around anymore." Paige asks.

"No idea." I say.

Paige rambles on about wedding details and I listen and try to give the answers she wants. She seems pleased and we decide to go get lunch.

                            Denver

15 missed calls from Xavier
5 texts from Xavier

I look down at my phone and throw it in the seat beside me. I drive down the highway and head straight for the beach. I need sand, water and to be alone.

I take my beach blanket and lay it in the sand. The beach is empty because of the cold weather. I lay back and look at the sky. I get lost in thought about everything.

"Denver." A voice says.

I jump at the sound and look up to find Xavier looming over me.

"How the fuck did you find me?" I ask.

"You always come here when your upset. I know you Den." Xavier says.

" I don't wanna be around you right now." I say.

"I'm sorry Denver. I know I upset you." Xavier said.

"Upset me? You fucked my two faced sister who is now getting married." I say.

Xavier lays  down in the sand beside me and looks out into the water.

"It was really fucked up Denver but it felt like you would never notice me. She came on to me." Xavier says.

"You know how she is, how I feel about her." I state.

"I know. I don't wanna lose you Denver. Your my best friend." Xavier says sadly.

"I have no clue what to do. You know what kind of place, Paige has put me in? She cheated on Ren." I say.

"I'm sorry." Xavier repeats.

"I can't tell him. He loves Paige." I say.

"I'll tell him." Xavier offers.

"No. That would be worse." I say.

I don't want to deal with any of this. It's all so stupid. I like Ren but he loves my sister. My best friend "loves" me but slept with my sister. It all comes down to my sister. I want to forget all about her and Ren. I roll over to Xavier and press my lips harshly against his. What would it hurt to forget it all?

"Let's get high." I whisper.

Xavier kisses me back and nods his head. He pulls a brownie from his pocket and hands it to me. He places another kiss on my cheek and works his way down my neck. I ignore everything and everyone. I don't care if this is a mistake. I'll deal with it later. That's what everyone else does.

Vote, comment, follow and share for new updates. Much love! ❤️