10. 2 truths

Denver

"You said you would tell me tonight." I tell Xavier as we lay on his bed.

"I remember. Just enjoy this episode for now." He says as he shifts the laptop on the bed.

"But now you have me all curious." I say.

He turns over on his side and looks me in the eye.

"Gosh you have pretty eyes." He says.

"Um. Thanks." I respond with a little surprise.

Xavier shakes is head and picks up a strand of my hair. He releases a deep sigh and I can tell he is struggling. I take his hand in mine.

"You can tell me anything." I encourage him.

"I know, Denver. I have always been able to talk to you but this is really hard." He says.

"You don't have to tell me." I say.

Xavier laughs and pats my cheek.

"That's a lie. You want to know." He says.

"I might want to know but that doesn't mean you have to tell me." I say.

"Fine I won't tell you." He says.

He turns Netflix back on and lays on his back. After about ten minutes I go insane.

"Fucking tell me!" I yell.

Xavier rolls over in laughter.

"God Den, that took like three seconds." He says between laughs.

"Sorry." I say shyly.

Xavier faces me and the smile leaves his eyes.

"I have two things to say. You won't like either of them." He says.

"Okay." I say.

"Good or bad first?" He asks.

"Bad, that way the good will make it better." I say with a smile.

"I don't think that will work." He says with a frown.

Xavier takes a shaky breath and looks away from me.

"I slept with someone." He says.

"Okay?" I ask.

"I didn't just sleep with her. I had a relationship with her because I was hurt by someone else." He says.

"Who hurt you?" I ask angrily.

"Doesn't matter. What matters is that you know who I was with." He says.

"Who?" I ask.

"Denver, I was with Paige. I slept with Paige because I was hurt. I had no idea she was engaged until you told me and I was shocked. She hasn't talked to be since." He says in a rush.

My mouth drops open in shock.

"Denver, I'm so sorry." He says.

My best friend slept with my sister? I told him everything about Paige. All of her awful flaws and how she treated me like shit and he slept with her? He had a relationship with her?

"I would like to go home." I say.

"Paige.." Xavier says.

"Now." I say.

Xavier nods and grabs his car keys. The ride to my house is silent.

"Do you want the good news?" He asks once he is parked outside of my house.

"Go for it." I say not meeting his eye.

"I'm in love with you." He says quietly.

The car is silent and look over at Xavier who is looking straight at me.

"So you sleep with my sister who treats me like shit?" I ask.

"I was hurt." He says.

Hurt? Save it." I say.

I get out of the car and walk inside. I stop in my tracks inside to see Ren and Paige making out on the couch. How joyful. I stomp past them and into my room. Today couldn't get worse. What is fucking happening to my life?

Vote, comment and follow for new updates. Thanks for the support. Much love!