26. cold feet

Denver

Ren's lips are gentle and soft against mine and I lean closer into him. Everything is lost. It's just Him and I. In this moment Paige doesn't exist.

I pull Ren as close as physically possible before I wrap my legs around his waist. I don't remember who pulls away first but I find myself laying beside Ren on my bed. My hand is held tightly in his.

"What's your favorite color?" I ask.

"What?" He asks, seeming lost in thought.

"We don't know much about each other really. What's your favorite color?" I ask.

"Would it be too cheesy to say the greensih color in your hazel eyes?" He asks with a smile.

"Do you mean that?" I ask with a blush.

"Absolutely. No doubt." He says as he gives me a quick kiss.

"What's your favorite thing to do?" I ask.

"Besides make you mad? I like to spend time with my family. My mother and I are close." He says.

"That must be nice." I say.

"You're close with your dad aren't you?" Ren asks.

"More than with my mom but it's always been about Paige. First born and all. She's perfect." I say.

I instantly regret saying Paige's name. It's like an eye opener to us both. We can't be in here like this. Togther. Paige doesn't have a habit of knocking.

"I have to go but I'll come back tonight. Leave the door open?" He asks.

I nod and he gives me one more kiss before leaving my room. Leaving my room for my sister's? I hope not.

Ren

My heart races quickly as I leave Denver's room. I kissed her and she didn't get mad at me. She's falling in love with me. Everything just feels so right when we are together. No matter how wrong it really is. I have no idea what to do. The wedding is in 5 days. I'm getting married in 5 days.

Paige finds me outside by the tire swing and sits beside me. She kisses my cheek and takes my hand in her's.

"The wedding is so close and I'm so excited babe!" She says.

I smile over at her but I can't bring myself to say anything. What do I say? I'm in love with her sister.

"Everything is together?" I ask.

"Yes! Mom and I have to go over the catering menu but other than that, we are all set!" She exclaims.

"I love you Paige. I really do.." I begin to say.

"I love you more than anything, Ren! I can't wait to start out life together and honeymoon!" She says as she pulls me into a tight hug.

I can't do it. I can't break her heart. She's excited to marry me but I don't want to marry her. I need the money.

Don't forget to vote and comment! I love hearing from you guys!