6. late night talks

Ren

   I watch as Denver speeds off in her car. Wow. She really doesn't want to help Paige. I can't say that I blame her though. Paige can be pushy and controlling when it comes to planning. I don't see why she hired a planner when she will most likely just push the planner out of the way and do it herself.
I never really wanted a big and extravagant wedding. Hell, I have never wanted a wedding but it seems like the time. Paige is the right girl. She's sophisticated, smart and beautiful. Most importantly she knows how to communicate with people at social events.
Paige and Karen rush off to go shopping and I'm left alone. I have no idea what to do in a house that isn't mine so I settle for watching tv. After awhile I get bored so I walk upstairs. I pass Denver's room and stop. Why not? I mean, I could just walk in. Take a quick peek, learn more about her and noone would ever know.
You can't just walk in! That's violating her privacy! I tell myself. Who cares? It's not like she will know. I argue back.

"I'm such a fucking creep." I say aloud.

"Yes you are." A voice says.

I jump and make an unidentified sound. I turn around and see Denver with a smirk planted on her face.

"Tell me Ren, what are you doing infront of my door?" She asks.

I can't think of a logical response that would justify my actions so I try to change the topic.

"What are you doing back?" I ask but it only makes me look guilty of something.

"I got a bitchy voicemail from Paige telling me she was going shopping. I figured it was safe to return." She says.

I nod in understanding but I can't help but stare at her.
Denver's hair hangs in a long loose braid down her back and small strings of hair have fallen out. Her pale cheeks are unusually red like she ran here. Her hazel eyes are wide and beautiful and look more green than brown today. I feel like a giant standing over her so I step back.
  "Are you gonna answer my question?" She asks. I snap out of my tranceive starring.

"What?" I ask.

She laughs at my confused face.

"Dude, I literally just asked you why you were standing infront of my door?" She repeats.

"It's a free country?" I try.

She shakes her head and steps behind me to get into her room. I follow behind and watch as she flops down onto her bed. She sighs and lays her head on her pillow.

"I was gonna walk in." I admit.

She raises her head from her pillow to look at me.

"Why?" She asks.

I shrug.

"I find you really hard to figure out Denver." I admit.

She laughs and lays her head back down on the pillow.

"Me too Ren." She replies.

                     Denver
  I found Ren standing by my bedroom door when I came home. Xavier and I had hung out for awhile before I decided it was safe to return.

"Favorite song?" Ren asks from my computer chair.

"I have so many." I answer.

"Well how about at the moment?" He asks.

"I really like Save Myself by Ed Sheeran at the moment." I answer.

"Yeah. That's a good one. Favorite movie?" Ren asks.

"What's with all the questions?" I ask.

"I just want to get to know you. Is that bad?" He asks.

"Love potion No.9" I answer.

"What?" He asks.

"It's an older movie." I answer.

He nods his head.

"Aren't you gonna ask me?" He asks.

"Why? I can guess." I say sarcastically.

"Okay then Hot shot. Guess." He says.

"Probaly something along the lines of 21 jump street." I guess.

He laughs and shakes his head.

"My favorite movie is Mean girls." He says.

"Your lying." I say.

He shakes his head.

"No honestly. We wear pink on Wednesdays." He quotes.

I laugh and look over at the smirk on his face. He has a dimple on his right cheek and for some reason I wanna touch it.
He brushes his black hair out of his green eyes and stares at me.

"Like what you see?" He asks with a cocky smirk.

"Maybe if I was blind." I fire back.

What's bad is I do. I like what I see. I find Ren attractive and I hate that.

"I wish I could figure you out Denver." Ren says.

"Why?" I ask

"Because I'm marrying your sister but I can't stop thinking about you." He says.

"Not in a weird way! More in a your confusing way!" He adds but a slight blush graces his cheeks.

"Oh." Is all I can say. What do you say when your sisters soon to be husband tells you he "thinks" about you because your "confusing"?"

"Okay. I see now how creepy that sounded." He says with a laugh.

" Well you did say earlier that you are a "fucking creep"." I quote him.

He laughs but stops.

"I think Paige is back and she will probably want my opinion on all the stuff she bought." He says while standing up to leave.

I snort at the idea.

"Have fun. Lord knows you will be in there awhile she never just buys one thing." I say with a laugh.

"Trust me I know." He says with a laugh.

"Good night Denver. Sweet dreams." He adds before walking out.

Sweet dreams? Why do I feel like all my dreams will be of him? Shit.

Hey guys! I finally updated! Please vote and comment to show your support and keep me writing! Have an awesome day/night! ❤❤❤