17. Coffee

Ren
I shouldn't have pushed her so hard. I know that, I can't be with Denver. I keep telling myself to forget about her but I never actually do as planned. I need to stop planning to leave her alone and actually do it. The two of us were doomed from the start. I'm getting married, to her sister for fucks sake.

The wedding is in three weeks and I'm not sure what to think about that. I'm getting married, in three weeks. To Paige not Denver.

I walk into the kitchen and find Denver and Xavier standing at the fridge. Denver is pulling something out from the fridge and Xavier has his hands around her waist. My fist clench and I can feel my body go tense. He needs to get his fucking hands off of her. The thought isn't relational but I'm way past rational at this point. I want to be with Denver.

I clear my throat and a yelp comes from Denver's mouth as she jumps back into Xavier. That wasn't the affect, I want. I want her out of his arms. Finally she turns around to look at me. A frown instantly settles on her face.

"What?" Denver asks.

"Have you seen Paige?" I ask with a cocky smirk.

"Nope. I'm not her keeper." Denver fires back.

"Could have fooled me." I say.

"And what does that mean?" She asks in confusion.

"Nothing at all." I say.

Denver rolls her eyes at me and places her hand on her hip. She's mad and I love it. How far can I push it?

"Wedding is in three weeks, are you excited?" I ask.

"Not as excited as you." She says sarcastically.

"Oh I forgot." I say with a cocky smirk.

"Forgot what?" She asks.

"You don't get excited when it comes to Paige, being happy." I say.

Her mouth drops open for a second and confusion spreads across her pretty face before she realizes, I'm being a dick.

"Go fuck yourself." She says.

"Or, I could have your sister do it." I fire back before thinking.

Hurt flashes through her eyes before all emotion disappears. Her posture becomes closed off and she turns her back to me.

"Have fun with that." She says as she laces her fingers through Xavier's.

That will keep her pissed at me but is that what I want? It's want I need but once again, I pushed too far.

Denver

Boys fucking suck but I can't even be mad at Ren. He has every right to have sex with my sister but the thought hurts me. I'm with Xavier and I have no right to be mad. What hurts the most is, the fact that he said it to intentionally hurt me. How did everything become so fucked up?

I can feel Ren standing in the door way of the kitchen but I ignore him and continue to dig through the fridge for food.

"We could go out and get something." Xavier says.

The thought of getting away from Ren is pleasant. I close the fridge door and turn around to Xavier who leans against the kitchen counter with a lazy smirk.

"Anywhere in particular?" I ask.

"Wherever you want, babe. The coffee house?" Xavier asks.

A large smile takes over my face at the thought of coffee and pancakes. I nod and take Xavier's hand in mine. I walk past Ren without a word and out the front door. Walking past him makes my pulse jump but being around him makes my blood boil.

Xavier and I get a booth at the coffee house and wait for our order to come. He holds my hand underneath the table and rubs his thumb along my palm.

"You look beautiful." He says with a smile.

A blush spreads along my cheeks and I laugh. I don't look beautiful. I'm in a pair of ripped black skinny jeans and a pastel pink shirt with some black converse. My messy hair is in a high pony tail and I have no makeup on.

"You really do." He adds.

"Thank you." I say as I squeeze his hand.

"So, back at your house. What was that about?" Xavier asks.

"What?" I ask.

"The little fight with Ren. Is he always such a dick?" Xavier asks.

"Not always but lately. I think it's the wedding stress." I say.

I don't know why I feel the need to defend or cover for Ren. He has done nothing but hurt me the past week. The thought of leaving with Xavier becomes more appealing everyday.

Xavier drops me off at my house after a long car ride and a few kisses later. I walk into the living room to find Paige on Ren's lap, basically dry humping him. I try to quietly walk past them and up the stairs but some how, I make eye contact with Ren.

His eyes say a lot and I'm sure mine do too but it's not readable. It's forbidden. We can't be together and at this point, it doesn't seem like that's what he wants. I drop my eyes to the floor and continue upstairs. Everything is wrong. I feel so out of place and unbalanced.