Roses🌹: Keith part 2

I let him inside the house and I shut the door.

I took the roses from his hands and placed them in a vase on the table.

We both took a seat in my living room. My lights were dimmed and my fireplace was on.

"I'm surprised to see you here" I said.

He looked at me.

"Thank you for the roses" I told him.

"You're welcome... I'm sorry for acting like a dick to you and the guys... I didn't mean most of the things I said to you y'all . Y'all were only trying to help me." he says.

I sighed.

"It's okay Keith... you were caught up in love, People tend to not think correctly when they're in love" I told him.

He put his hands on his face.

"I just can't believe I let that bitch use me like that.. you guys were right" he says.

I really wanted to say I told you so but I figured now wasn't the time for that.

"I really should be mad at you right now... but I'm a friend first before anything. I know how much you liked her Keith... how did you find out she was only after the money" I asked.

He looked up at me.

"Well I thought about what y'all said about her wanting me for money because a couple days ago when I told her about my investment she asked me if I could buy her a new car" he says.

I sucked my teeth and shook my head.

"So I decided to test her to see if she would still be with me if I didn't have the money... she failed.. terribly. She started packing and everything and she told me to call her when I get my shit together. That's when I knew she didn't love me and that y'all were right.. so I told her that I lied about being broke and I made her give back everything I bought her. I told her to mail the rest of the shit back to me" he says.

Wow.. so I really was right..

It's not my fault at all.

"Damn.. this would've been the perfect opportunity for me to whoop her ass" I told him.

He snickered.

"I just really feel bad for how the way things went the last time I seen you" he said.

I sighed.

"I know... but since this was your first time doing something like that to me, I'll let it slide... but next time I won't be so forgiving" I told him.

He laughed.

"I'm being serious Keith" I told him.

"I know you are" he says.

I give him a big hug.

"I really did miss you tho... I miss us being able to hang out like we used to" I told him,

"Well I'm here now, so let's do something" he says.

I pulled away and smiled.