Chapter Twenty-Three

Rainbow Dash's
I wasn't expecting anymore visitors. One came in anyway. Spitfire. What...? Why is she here? She hates me. No questioning it...right? She said she did and she has got a reputation for being brutally honest. I got the receiving end of that, the thing which convinced me to drop my dreams. My, as it seems, unrealistic dreams. Telling me I wasn't good enough...well at least I found out. It stopped me keep trying, even if it was futile. Why try? If you never try you can never fail. I used to think trying could lead to success. Clearly not. I tried to die.  Failed. Tried to get in the Wonderbolts. Failed. Tried to be a good friend. Failed. To make matters worse she now knows about my crush. This will be awkward.

"Rainbow Dash." she greets.
"Spitfire." I reply, keeping my gaze locked on the floor. She knows and hates me so I'm guessing she wants to yell at me. I feel her giving me a searching look and have to will myself to not look up. Easier said that done to be honest.
"You gonna look up?" she asks. I shake my head. Nope. No way.
"Why not?" she quizzes. I shrug, losely. Maybe if I'm quiet she'll leave sooner. Nope. She sits in the chair by my bed and puts down her school bag. I still look down but feel her gaze still locked on me.
"Why are you starting at me?" I ask.
"I'm trying to get you to look up." she admits. I look up and it occurs to me why it's called eye contact.

I bite my lip and try to look down but she moves her hand under my chin, making it impossible to look away.
"Dash...I'm sorry." she says.
"For what?" I ask, generally curious.
"All the stuff I said to you. I didn't mean ANY of it." she explains. "And I hate that I hurt you."
"Really?" I ask, surprised. "So you don't hate me?" She shakes her head.
"Never did." she replies. She doesn't mention the note...which is comforting.

Something positive finally occurred.