Chapter Eleven

Dash's P.O.V
I've been off for two days. I spend most my time sitting in my room, back pressed against my wall. Nothing else to do. In my room is a mirror- taped too it are pictures of me and my friends and me with Scoots. I cant look at it without feeling completely miserable. Even crying....which used to be rare for me. I don't bother to eat much, I clearly still drink. As much as life sucks I don't want to die...At least I don't think I do... You know what...not gonna think about that. I glance at the pictures and feel tears well up again.I glare through the tears and feel my temper...mainly at myself. I scowl at my reflection, hating it and hating me. I clench my fist and punch it, shattering the glass.

Ow!! Ow!!!! Ow!!!!!!!

OK bad idea. My hand aches, cut down the fist. And blood. My reflection is disfigured now, disorted, from the fragmented glass. I go to my first aid kit and pull out a bandage. I wrap my hand up, it's not like anyone will care to notice anyway. I don't bother to sleep again so I practise gymnastics...until morning. By then I'm exhausted but I can't go to sleep. It's time for school.

At lunch I'm yet again on the treadmill. My tshirt, for some reason is looser than it was two weeks ago.
"Rainbow Dash? Aren't you meant to be at lunch?" a voice asks. Said voices owner is none other than Spitfire. I shrug.
"Not hungry." I lie. A complete lie. I really am. I stop the machine and turn round so she isn't just looking at my back... and so I can see her.
"Are you ok Rainbow Dash?" she asks me.
"Yep!" I reply, quickly.

Spitfire's P.O.V
She looks anything but ok. Her normally bouncy hair hangs limply and she's paper pale with HUGE shadows under her eyes. Her smile looks rather forced and it looks like she lost weight.
"Sure?" I ask, cooly. She nods slightly, her shoulders slumped shows she's lying. I don't push it, being able to tell she doesn't want to talk about it. My eyes flicker to a bandage around her right hand.
"What happened to your hand?" I ask.
"I punched a mirror" she states.

By the look on her face she didn't mean to tell me.
"Why?" I ask.
"Long story." she states. Oldest excuse in the book rookie.
"I have all day." I state, crossing my arms. She sighs.
"Was annoyed." she replies.
"At?" I enquire. I can guess to be honest. Her friends more or less are ignoring her and she's lost most of the determined spark in her eyes because of it.
"Life." she mutters. A bit vague....but probably as much as I'm gonna get out of her.

Dash's P.O.V
I cheer up a tad. Spitfire is acting like she cares...a little. Makes a change from the two weeks of isolation.

Will it last?