Chapter Twenty

Scootaloo's P.O.V
I'm sitting having lunch with the other crusaders. I'm not paying much attention to the conversation. I keep thinking about Dash. I was fed up of rarely seeing her so I snapped. Now...now I don't see her at all. It turns out her friends reacted the same way. I'm picking at my food, not particularly hungry. Applejack comes over, looks really down.
"Scootaloo...can I talk to you?" she asks, quietly. "In private." I nod and follow her out the room.
"What's wrong?" I ask. She looks down, downcastly. It's something bad...I can tell that just by looking at her.

"Rainbow Dash is in hospital. She... attempted suicide." she tells me.

What?!!?

Dash..No. No.
"She...what...why?" I ask, tears rushing down my cheeks.
"It seems she thought noone would care. At all.." Applejack gently informs me. I bite my lip, trying to stop it trembling. I said I didn't care...that we weren't sisters. Now she's in hospital.
"Will she make it?" I ask, weakly.
"She should but she'll be out for around a week." she says. "She...left you a letter." She passes it over.
"Can I come over to the hospital with you later?" I ask. She nods.
"I'll come get you in two hours." she says. I open the letter, needing too know what she wanted to say before I saw how we...I had impacted her.

Dear Scoots
I know...you said only people you cared about could call you that. But you'll always be Scoots to me. Sorry. Sorry I was a terrible role model, a terrible sister. But, so you know, you were the greatest little sister anyone could have. If there's an afterlife I'll always concider you a sister and always miss you. And Scoots...please don't end up like me. I know once you wanted too. I'm not that great of a person, you are. Stay being you.
Goodbye
Dash.

The paper blurs as I cry. Dash...no. You were the greatest sister. I'm sorry I didn't realise it.