Chapter Sixteen

Pinkie's P.O.V
I open the letter from Dash. I'm still alone in the waiting room. The others are on their way... I'm waiting for any news on Dash. I'm worried she'll die...I'll never be able to apologize. Tears form in my eyes as I slowly open it, worried it'll just be her hating me. Blaming me for this happening to her.

Dear Pinkie,
Firstly I'm really sorry I missed your birthday. I swear I had a reason... One I can't say or write without feeling ill. I understand why you broke friends. My parents always told me I was worthless and noone cares. Guess they're right.
Bye Pinkie
Dash.

I feel even more tears fall. My suspicions were right...except she doesn't hate us. She thinks I could hate her. I hug Gummy, never feeling more helpless.

Applejack's P.O.V
I run in the waiting room, at least five minutes before the others. Pinkie is sobbing. I hug her, despite being tempted to cry myself. The tears make me think the worst.
"Is she...?" I ask.
"She's alive." Pinkie confirms, clenching her letter in her fist. "She left one for you." She passes it over. In all honesty I don't want to read it...what if she's completely different? It'll probably be my fault. I take a deep breath and begin to read.

To Applejack
I'm sorry for being such a bad friend that you wouldn't hear me out. Despite how much I deserve this...and you all hate me...but I know you're the kind of people who'll blame yourselves. Dont. This is no ones fault but mine. So don't blame yourself and please make sure the others don't.
Bye A.J
Dash

She never lost her loyal streak... except to herself. What in tarnation have we done...? Was her confidence always an illusion? Dash... Why? We never hated you sugarcube. Now we need a chance to apologise...but she might not live to tomorrow.

Twilight's P.O.V
Me and the other girls get in. Applejack is starting at a wall, clearly trying not to cry. Pinkie is sobbing freely. She was the one who found Dash so makes sense.  I've never felt so guilty. I'd never guessed she felt so pessimisticaly. She always seemed so confident...now this. We hadn't been there for her. I wish we had. I open the letter from her, hand trembling, and read

Twilight.
Youre one of the greatest friends I've ever had. Thanks for coping with me for as long as you did, I know my stupid attitude must've been off putting. Well. I do now anyway. I'll miss you. All of you...if there's an afterlife.
Bye Twilight
Dash.

No... She thought we coped with her. It was more than that. We were friends, despite leaving her we still cared.

Rarity's P.O.V
I'm truly shocked Rainbow Dash would resort to this. She always had an air of confidence. What makes this even more unbearable is I'm partially responsible. I'd give up fashion if it'd help her. I'd hate to lose her...but I might of already. She may never want anything to do with us again or may die. I decide to read the letter, I owe her that much.

Rarity.
Sorry I was the worst friend anyone could have. I knew for a long time you could all do a lot better than me. I just...couldn't admit it for fear of long you all. Never give up on your dream. Unlike me you can achieve them.
Dash

She gave up on her dreams? ! I know for a fact she could achieve them. I feel tears falling down my face. Dash...even now she's loyal to us even if she's lost Loyalty to herself.

Fluttershy's P.O.V
I haven't stopped crying since A.J told us what Pinkie told her. She was the first friend I had and the most loyal one too. A.J hugs me from the side, trying to comfort me. It's not working...Dash is in hospital because of me. A.J has a few tears spilling down her face...a rare thing.  Still, makes sense. What doesn't make sense is someone as awesome as Dash would want to...to just die. I open the letter and begin to read.

Dear Flutters,
I'm sorry I was a bad friend. You are the kindest person I know and deserve way better than me.. Always did. You were a great friend, the first I had. Never lose your kind attitude.
Dash

No..Nononono. You can't do better than Dash... she should no that. My sobs become stronger, wracking my body.

3rd Person
Dash's friends sat for a while. They decide A.J should tell Scoots- she didn't need to be here and Rarity texts Spitfire with a rough message of what happened.