Chapter 42

Songs for this Chapter:

Daylight - Maroon 5

Moments - One Direction

Half a Heart - One Direction

Skylar's POV

What is life?

Before everything happened, life meant smiles and laughs to me. And now, the only thing left inside me is dark, empty, cold.

Empty heart.

That's what I have. A empty heart with nothing left. If I could see him one more time. I would kill him with my own hands. All he has done is brought problems to me. Nothing good. I should't had answer that call. That call that has changed my life so much. Has destroyed dreams and promises.

I rememeber everything like it was just yesterday.

*Flashback*

I woke up to my phone ringing. I turned immeadiately to Lex and see that she is getting wake.

"Its my phone", I whisper to her.

"Okay", she answers.

"Shh go to sleep. Let me get it", I tell her.

I got up from the bed and pick up the phone, quietly getting out of the room so I don't disturb Lexie. Once out of the room, I check the caller ID and see its a number I don't know.

"Yes?", I answer still half-asleep.

"Hello Skylar, its so nice to hear you again after so long", a familiar voice says yet I cannot recognize the voice at 6 in the morning.

I stay silent waiting for the person to speak again and maybe being able to know who it is.

"Wow, Skylar you must really hate me for you to not remember me", the person says again.

Male. Its a male. And the voice sounds so familiar.

Then it finally hits me. That voice. How could I had forgetten it?

Its Colton. The one who was supposeledly my best friend. My so called brother. The one who had a secret relationship with Jane. And here he is, talking to me like nothing ever happened. Like he didn't betrayed me.

"Colton", I answer.

"Yes, Colton. Aren't you happy to hear me againafter such a long time? Cause its good to hear you again", he says and I can picture his face in my head with that smile that always attracted the women's atention.

"What do you want Colton?", I ask him straight up.

"Well, look at that. Straight to business huh?", he says in a mocking voice.

"Look, am not up for your shit", I answer.

I am answer with a laugh. Like I just say the most funniest joke ever in the world.

"Okay, okay, straight to business. I am here in Forks. And I want you to come and meet me in this shitty diner here in town. If you don't come and meet me. I will go and look for you. I know where you live. Meet me there in 20 minutes. You already know, you don't come, I go and look for you", Colton says and then hangs up.

I debate whether I should go. But then I wonder what he is doing here after all. I decide that I will go. After the day of the wedding that I foound them together, Jane and Colton, I run away. I already faced Jane, now its time to face him too.