Chapter 34

Lexie's POV

The loss of Eric was big. I feel like a part of me is gone and I will never recover it. It feels so.... Unreal.

Like this is just a nightmare and I'll be able to wake up any moment and have Eric with me and everything will be fine.

But unfortunately, this isn't a nightmare. This is real. This pain is real. The loss is real. I lost one of my best friends.

One that I knew since kindergarden.

Its sad how when you have the people you love with you, you don't really think of all the things you had with them till they are gone from your life.

I been remembering all of our memories since we met. The four of us best friends. Always together no matter what.

Tears fall down my face slowly. I been in my room all morning after seeing Jane. I hate her so much. I hated her at the very beginning because of what she did to Skylar and now even more that she took Eric's life.

What did Eric had to do in any of this? What? Nothing! She wanted to hurt me, she did. I couldn't even see Erica and her parents in the funeral. It was too much for me.

I wish I could comfort them but I can't even comfort myself. The one that's been comforting me is Skylar. My sweet Skylar who I should comfort too. Eric and he became such great friends.

Like brothers they call themselves. Alexander and Roland too. The four of them all friends trying to protect us girls.

And now, Eric is gone. He once told me that whenever he had kids in the future, I would be the godmother and he be the godfather for my children, too. I smile a little at his words.

Of the group, he was the one that whenever you were sad, he would make silly jokes until you couldn't help but laugh along with him.

"Lexie", someone says quietly.

I look up and see Sky still in his black suit, looking down at me with concern eyes and a tray of food in his hands.

"Lexie. You need to eat something or you will get sick", he says taking a sit next to me on my bed.

"Am not hungry, Sky", I answer.

My voice is low and hoarse from crying.

"Please, eat this soup. I made it myself", he says touching my cheek softly.

I close my eyes at his warm touch and find comfort in it. Skylar is the only that can make me feel safe.

"Okay, I eat the soup", I whisper.

"Okay, thank you. Open your mouth", he says smiling a little.

I open my mouth as he feeds me. Watching me with his blue eyes, concern clear in them.

I wonder how he feels. His ex-girlfriend turning into a crazy person and killing one of his friends.

I stop his hand from feeding me more and take his other hand in mine.

"How do you feel?", I ask him.

"Am good", he answers as he sets the spoon down.

"I mean about Jane", I whisper.

"Oh. Well, how could I possibly feel... I feel upset. I came to care for Eric as a brother, he became part of my family. He welcome me as a friend as well. And..... And Jane did this..... And now Eric..... I feel sad Lex. The loss of Eric and then seeing you like this..... So sad, like you are not here with me and am try to think of a way to see you smile at least once. I feel mad at her for all the unhappiness she has brought to us", Sky says with tears in his eyes.

"Shh, Sky, shhh. Look, I will smile for you", I tell him taking his face with my hands.

I smile at him, trying to stop his tears that break my heart completely in pieces.

"You know who call me today?", he asks suddenly.

"Who?", I ask him.

"The men working on the house call to say the house is completed now. But they will do some finishing touches and its ready to go", Sky says softly looking at me with a grin.

"Really?! Can we go and see it?", I ask him.

"I don't think right now would be a good time", he answers softly.

"I... I think am better. And I still have to... To get use to this. Take me", I answer.

"Are you sure?", he asks.

"Yes, am sure Sky. Let's go", I tell him.

Skylar's house was around 10-15 minutes away from mine. It is big and its made of brick. It also has two floors and its real beautiful from the outside.

"Come on, I show you around", Sky says taking my hand after we got out of the car.

He pulls a key out and opens the door, which is very elegant-like, it looks sort of ours back in my house. He opens it and steps aside for me to go in.

I walk in and see the walls are painted a beige color, everything is vacant because there is no furniture yet.

"Okay, well this is the entrance. And this room right here will be the living room", he says.

"Its really big", I answer.

"I hope so, I wouldn't want it to look all squeeze up", Skylar says laughing.

I laugh with him and we move on to a second room. This one is the kitchen since it has all the cabinets and countertops. Its a cherry dark color and it looks very elegant.

This house is really elegant.

"You might already see that this is the kitchen. The next room is the guest room. Like another living room but for guests and this is the bathroom", Skylar motions with his finger.

"Skylar every room is big. Won't you get scare here by yourself?", I ask him.

"Nope! Let's go upstairs! I finish showing you the rest downstairs later!!", he says grinning.

He pulls me with him and we walk up the stairs. Its a long hallway with many doors to each side.

"Okay this is just a small office, this is a extra bathroom. Every room has its own bathroom. Look, this is the main bedroom", he says walking inside a large room.

I see a door to the right and I walk to it. The bathroom is big, too. And then I see the closet. Its every girl's dream closet!

"Hey Sky! How are you gonna fill this closet? Your clothes probably cover half of it", I answer laughing.

"Oh, I will use half of it. And the rest is for you", he says.

My head snaps back at him and I watch as a smile forms in his face.

"Yes, I want you in my life forever", he says.

"You really mean it?", I ask him.

"Of course I do, Lex", he answers.

He comes closer to me and pulls me close to him.

"Because I love you", he says.

--------------------------------

Aghh!! Its a filter!!! Am sorry! Next chapter will be better..... ;)...... So yeah!! Hahaha go check out my new story DNA and read it!

Don't forget to:

Vote

Comment

Fan

PS: Happy Friday!! And I love you guys!!!!!!!