Chapter 15

Skylar's POV

Its second period and I already feel exhausted. The past two weeks had been a wreck.

First, I haven't sleep. Second, I feel so bad about myself for stealing Lexie's first kiss. And third, the tension and the ackwardness between us is killing me.

We haven't talk much and I have try to keep my distance with her. And as hard as I try, my thoughts keep going to Lexie.

She is all I think about all day everyday. I look around the classroom trying to get Lexie out of my head.

*Not even worth trying McKay! You know we can't get her out!!*

*At least am TRYING!!*

God why is it so hard to get you out of my head Lexie?

I continue looking around. My class right now is quiet and are doing their jobs. Am glad at least that all of them are good.

Am ready for the end of the day but I at the same time I don't want it to end just yet because the end of the day means watching Lexie, too.

Why is this so confusing?

Am trying to figure out exactly what I feel but it just doesn't make sense at all.

Okay so I know Lexie is a beautiful young girl. She is quiet and innocent. And her shyness just makes everything even more.....attractive.

And then the one thing I be thinking about: I have never felt this way before. Never felt my heart beating fast just because I see her. Or the smile that without my permission forms in my lips everytime I hear her laugh. Or the nervousness I feel around her.

The bell rangs and interrupts my thoughts.

"Bye class! Have a good day!", I call out.

I get a few byes from them and then the room is empty. I let out a long sigh.

* I think its time to admit this to yourself*

*Admit what?*

*Admit that you are in love with Lexie*

That's not true!!! Its not!!

Crap seems like I am stuck in this deep now.

Lexie's POV

I spent the rest of the class talking to Walter and Cole. Rose kept talking to Tristan about some movie.

Miss Steele or well Mrs.Tomlinson since she got marry during the summer, pass out books.

I was excited to read this book. Its a classic and the reviews are great.

Our group which consisted of Rose, Tristan, Cole, Walter and me, created a plan for everyone to follow so we could all read the same amount per week.

We continue to have a nice conversation until Cole say something.

"So, Lexie you interested in someone?", Cole says giving me a wink.

I notice Walter clearing his throat and looking away.

"Well, no. No I don't", I say.

"Why is that? Guys not good enough?", he asks.

"No its not that its just that I don't like no one. I don't have the time for a relationship", I lied.

"Well, I know someone who has a crush on you.....", Cole says looking around.

"Cole..", Walter warns him.

I look at Walter. His face is red and he is giving Cole a warning look.

Cole stares back at Walter and gives him a apologizing look. I look away pretending that I didn't see that.

"Yeah I know someone who has a crush on you. But I won't tell you!", Cole says.

I look back at him and smile.

*So Walter likes me...?*

"If somebody ask you out would you say yes?", Cole asks me.

*No not now*

*Unless...*

*Unless what?*

*Unless...It is Sky-*

*Don't even!!!

"Lexiieeee", Cole says waving his hand in front of my face.

I really need to stop talking to myself.

I smile at him.

"Sorry, I kind of just left. Umm I don't know like I say am not ready for a relationship", I lied again.

But am I really lying? Well part of me is not ready. And well I don't look at anyone around here that way.

*Except for Skylar!*

I want to slap myself for even thinking that.

I look at Walter who suddenly gets interested in the wall.

The bell rangs and I am glad. Actually no, am thankful!!

It was getting ackward. I say bye to the guys and wait for Rose who continues talking to Tristan.

I decide to just go without her. I walk out of the classroom when I hear somebody calling my name.

I turn around and see Walter.

"Hey! I saw you walking out alone so I though I walk you to your locker", he says as his face turns pink.

I can't help but smile.

"I would like that. Thank you", I say.

"Here I hold your books", he says and takes my books from my hands.

"Oh umm thank you", I say again.

"Your welcome!", he says.

We walk in silence for 10 seconds.

"So I was wondering if... Nevermind", Walter tries.

"If what?", I ask.

"No, nothing", he says.

I walk to my locker and open it. He hands me my books back and stands there. He really is cute with his black hair and tan skin. Wearing a varsity jacket and jeans and not to mention his deep brown eyes.

I ignore what I just though and I get my other books for English and make sure to get my journal.

"I was trying to tell you if...God why is this hard?!....If you wanted to go to the movies with me this Saturday!?", he asks me in a nervous voice.

Am taken aback by his question. It will really help me get out of my "Ackward Time".

*And to forget about Skylar!*

"Yeah! I would love to go to the movies with you!!", I say giving him a smile.

"I know I shouldn't ask but I.... Wait you say yes?", he asks surprise.

"Yes I would like to go", I say giving him a warm smile.

"Woah! Thanks!! Is it okay at 6? That way maybe we can grab dinner after the movie if you want?", he asks giving me smile.

"That's perfect!", I say.

"Okay then! Well I see you in math!! Bye Lexie!!", Walter says and walks away after I say I see him in math too.

At least I be out Saturday night. Which means I have prepare what I will be wearing. I also will check the weather.

Which also means I won't see Skylar Saturday night.

A part of me is glad. While the other part.......

Wants to stay......

--------------------------------

Jay!! Another update!! So what do you think of Walter? Isn't he just so cute? Wouldn't Lexie and Walter be cute together? Haha comment what you think! I love you guys!! <3 Thank yiu for reading and the votes!! And this story is close to 900?! OMG!! Haha! Thank you guys again! You are amazing!!!!!!!! <3<3<3