Chapter 21

"But in the end, you realize that, it was not the pouring rain,
It was the Thunderstorm that made you strong"

I looked at the grey eyed monster with my mouth hanging open.

"Yeah, I know I look hot!  Stop staring!" Evan said.

"Kia, look, I'm sorry  if you think I'm just fooling around! But I'm  not. I've  been in love with Sam since two years! "

At that my mouth was hanging more, if that's  even possible.

"Seriously dude,  you're  scaring me with that expression on your face! " He said with an amused look.

I recovered myself and gathered my words to speak up,

"H-ow?  W-when? " I barely whispered.

"She is a social worker!  She organizes camps and stuff. So I was there for a free check up at one of her camps. She doesn't know me, Kia.  Infact, she has never seen me. At first, it was just an infatuation and obviously I went to talk to her and stuff,  but then I got to know that one of my friend also likes her so I backed off!"

"Then my friend tried every possible way to convince her, make her fall in love with him but she just ignored him. I use to see both of them talking to each other and everytime he removed the topic of liking her, she use to reject him! " he laughed at that.

"Typical Sam! " I smiled.

"I loved her because she was different. I don't even know how I fell for her.  After that I moved to Gujarat, with my family for two years.  I got a job offer from Dr.  Rehman and I came back to Mumbai.  Trust me Kia,  I didn't know that you know her,  or even Ahana knows her.  When I went to that  'Courtyard' place with you, I was shocked to see her.  I lost all my hopes of even seeing her again and there she was sitting on the same table with me." he was in his own world as if reliving that moment.

"Then,  why did you go out with me, if you like her? " I asked.

"Because Kia,  I am great at observing people.  Sam wouldn't even talk to me if I hadn't said that I want to go on a date with you! I have observed how she rejected my friend everytime he tried something. So,  I planned on becoming friends with you and tell you everything itself on the date day but She texted me before our date, that I should take care of you!  You're  very shy and all. That's  why I had to make it special.  It was her wish. I am sorry, Kia.  I know, I might've  hurt you,  but I just want to be with her and You are the only person that can help me! "

I was shocked.  I was speechless.  To see a playboy being recklessly in love  with your bestfriend is something hard to digest.

I was silent for two whole minutes and he was observing my every reaction.

"Kia,  say something! "

Getting out  of my trance, I cleared my throat and started speaking,
"What if you break her heart!? " I asked.

"I know, my past isn't  that good" he lightly chuckled at that "But,  Kia, I love her.  I can't  give you any assuarance, I mean cmon,  no one can.  But One thing I know,  I won't love anyone else, the way I love her!"

I gave him a blank face and then started smiling,

"I'm  soo excited for this!  What is the plan? "

***

I was lying on my bed and recollecting all the things that happened when I came back to Mumbai.
Even thinking about it so exhausting.
I sighed.
I looked at the photo frame of my family and just wished they would be here. I have been stable ever since I had a talk with Aarav at 'Our' place.
Nightmares are there but not that severe.  I have kinda stopped smoking as well as drinking. I guess everything is falling back into place. 
Now,  I have to focus on two things,  First,  the orphanage and second getting Evan and Sam together.
The plan is to get Evan into our group and try creating situations that will bring them closer. 
I hope it works!

Suddenly my phone started vibrating,
It was Trisha.
"I'm  freaking out!  I'm  fucking freaking out! " She screeched.

"What happened Tri?  Calm down! " she was breathing heavily.  Like really heavily! Her voice was scaring me.

"Kia.... " she started  crying. 

Fuck! 

"Trisha, you're  scaring  the shit out of me.  Tell me what is the matter! "  I demanded.

"Promise me,  you'll  not leave me after I say this? "

"Trisha,  Is everything okay between you and Rian?" I asked hesitantly.

"If I tell him this,  then we are over, Kia."

"What is the matter?  Tell me dammit!" I demanded.

"Kia,  I think I'm  pregnant!"

***

Kinda short chapter,  but I wanted it to end on this note.

Random question :
Which is your favorite couple?
Aarav+Kia
Trisha+Rian
Evan+Sam

Vote and comment❤
Don't  be silent readers,  If you think my book is good, hit the star button on your screen.