Chapter 4

"We are all a little broken,  but last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same"

"Holy Crap! " I said getting up and running  towards the door.

"Kia, wait." Ahana shouted behind me. " You know, you can't run forever"

I didn't stop, Nikita was screaming too, but I kept running like a maniac.  I couldn't face them, not her.  My sudden disapperance two years back had caused a chaos here.  My whole group was looking for me. I didn't leave any trace behind me. I just vanished from their lives.

A firm hand caught hold of my wrist and turned me around.

"You're kidding me, Kia?  What the fuck is wrong with you.  Why are you running?  You have to tell me what the hell is happening ." Ahana screamed at me.

"Let me go Ahana, please" I said snatching my wrist from her hand.

"No, enough is enough. You  disappeared for three years Kia. Do you know how much we were looked for you?  Do you know what we all were going through? We all thought you have done something to yourself.  How could you just disappear?  Tell me damn it! "

"Ahana, I can't tell you... "

"Please, don't tell that shit, I am not letting you go now, everyone will be soo happy to see you! "

"Ahana, stop! " I yelled.

She looked at me surprised.

"Look Ahana,  stay away from me. I am not going to tell you anything.  You all  were thinking I'm dead right?  Keep thinking that way.  You will not see my face again. " I said in a firm and strong voice. 

Meanwhile Nikita was just looking at us. She was shocked, speechless. 

"Lunch is over " I said and ran towards the car.

Nikita followed me and started driving. I dared to look at Ahana from the window,  she looked hurt, and I guess I even saw  a tear falling from her eyes. She turned around and walked back into the courtyard.
My heart was racing at an irregular pace, I saw her, my best friend, that too after three long years and I pushed her away.

I couldn't hold it anymore, but I had to. I don't show my weakness in front of anyone. I hate crying in front of people.
Nikita was driving silently. She didn't say anything. She was still confused about the incident that
took place a few minutes ago.

"Are you going to tell me, what the hell just happened? " Nikita asked me as she pulled the car in the parking lot.

"No. And next time don't ask me for lunch or  to hangout with you" I said furiously.

"Kia... "

before she could complete her sentence I walked away.

I know, I shouldn't have screamed at her. But I wasn't in a condition to care.

"Your next appointment is in an hour" I heard my assistant speak. 

I ignored her and locked my cabin.  I still didn't cry. I was just looking blankly at the ceiling while I sat on my chair. There are some stories, there are some secrets,  there are some things which I can't tell. And that is the only reason why I am ignoring them, ignoring all my friends.

We weren't just a group. We were family. A family who was always there for each other.  A friend who would support you through thick and thin.
A friend whom you can be completely crazy with.  That's what we were. Crazy people!  And I lost them.

Flashback :

"So,  do you think,  I will pass these exams" Samaira asked me.

"Obviously Sam. You have studied soo much for these damn tests. " I answered over my cell phone. 

Samaira, more commonly known as Sam, was just another member of the group. One thing you should know about her, she is a social worker. No, not a professional one, she is just ready to help, anyone and anywhere.
She is studying mass communication and just gave her finals.

" I don't know Kia. I hope I do pass."

"C'mon, stop being soo depressed. You are going to do well. You don't believe me, ask everyone Ahana, Rian, Aarav, Trisha. Anyone you want. " We were all in the same junior college.

"They all are going to say the same thing" she sighed.

"Exactly Samaira, We're your friends, obviously we're gonna say the truth"

We have been talking for half an hour now.

"Btw, Rian is dating again. "  I giggled.

"Really?  Who?  He broke up with Fiza? "

"Yess bro, and this one is much better than Fiza.  I never liked her."

Rian.  He was a star cricket player and well kinda attractive. For me, he always looked like a pig.  Due to his so called attractive looks, all the girls of our college were into him.  He never took anyone seriously, and his relationship never lasted for more than a month.  There were only two things  that mattered to him.  Friends and his mother.

" Kia, enough with the talking. Help me in the kitchen. " My mother ordered from the kitchen.

" Yess, Mom.  Sam, I've gotta go. Talk to you later. "

We said our goodbyes and I hanged up.

"Whom were you talking to? " my mother asked.

"Sam, she just gave her entrance. "

My mother was not just my mother.  She was my best friend too. She wasn't just a best friend to me but to my whole gang.  We always hang out at my place and my mother cooks some tasty dishes. That was like a tradition.

"How was it? " she asked.

"Great! I think she'll crack it" I smiled.

*End of flashback*

I don't know how long I was  sitting and staring at the ceiling.  I was blank, emotionless. I didn't know what to do or rather how to react to the situation I was in.  I was just lost.

A knock on the door distracted me.

"who is it? " I asked.

"It's me" My assistant Neha, shouted from the other side of the cabin.

I unlocked the door and got the biggest shock of my life.

My assistant was with people whom I have been running away from. The people  whom I thought I will never see again. There stood my people, my entire squad.

****
Vote, Comment and share❤