Chapter 1: New Friend

8 years passed ***

Ana's POV:

I woke up with the sun peering out from my window. Felt blessed with light all over my face. Time to start the day! I walked to the restroom to get ready for school. I looked at the reflection of my face. My scar under my chin was still there. The memory of what happened 8 years ago. I washed up and fixed my red hair. I'm so hyped  for Friday!

I hummed and slide to my closest and wore a simple 'san diego' shirt with skinnies.I still had the necklace my father gave me. I clenched it and remembered what he said to me. And will always be in my heart every time when it beats.

I grab my backpack and ran downstairs. My brother made toast with coffee. Mmmm how the coffee smell awesome. Oh forget to tell you guys. My mother's name is Yuki Kusao. She has flawless white skin and works at the bouquet shop. My brother, Ryler Kusao. He works at Sky Corps and as titled 'secretary'.

I hurriedly went to the kitchen and sat down, looking at the food and digging in. "So are you gonna drop me to school today bro?" I ate everything off my plate with a grin.

"Not today. I got a presentation and got to be there in time." He messed my hair and left. "Maybe next time squirt. See ya laters!" He rushed to the door.

I pouted. "But!.." The car door slammed and the engine roared. Time to start off the new day, by walking. AND IT'S A FRIDAY.

I muttered under my breath and my mom gave me the look. 

I remembered about being a 'saiyan'. What is a saiyan? My dad didn't said much nor my mom. Why won't they tell me? People think I'm some kind of power ranger or somethin'. I want to be a hero. Fly and shoot stuff. But from other people from my race, they have a tail and I don't? Also my brother doesn't have a tail. Why does my parents keep it confidential? Was I too young? What is the science behind of the species of saiyans? I usually have morning thoughts like this on the way to school.

School wasn't far. It was a 10 minute walk. I started to head out the door as my black Chuck Taylor's squeak on the pavement. Just then when I turned by the corner, I bumped into a pretty tall guy. Not pretty but tall as in tall tall. You get my point? I landed on my bum and I looked up.

"Hey what the-"

A guy with crisp blue eyes and lavender hair reached his hand out for mine. The sun shine on him, making him look like a kami. "Crap sorry, I didn't see you there." He lend me a hand and I dust my pants off.

I looked up. Dang he is tall. I'm a 4"9 and he's around 5"6? He had sharp facial features with a slender yet buff body. Awkward moment for while and decided to break the ice.

"So uh where ya going to?" I asked shyly. 

Oh my god Ana why would you even ask him that. You promised yourself, NO MORE BOYS. 

 He replied, "I'm attending to Orange Star High. What bout' you?"

"Hey I attend school there. You're new?"

"Yes. By the way, Trunks. Trunks Briefs."

"Ana Kusao. Nice to meet you."

Trunks POV:

"Trunks don't forget your lunch money it's on the counter." Mother said when she left the house. I quickly wore my purple capsule corp jacket and got my money for school. One last look at the mirror and off to school. I forgot to leave my sword. Always have a habit of carrying it. And obviously, weapons are not allowed in school. I wasn't sure of why mother sent me to school, despite that I'm only staying for a few years. 

School wasn't far from the Capsule Corps. "Hi Mr. MacAllister!" I waved to my neighbor mowing his yard. He is one really old guy. A 87 year old man should be in a retirement home. Man, what a strong guy. I wondered why mother sent me to public school where our family privacy would become exposed if I turn super or something. Got to stay careful. Keep in mind of that Trunks Brief. 

I checked my watched and I started to sprint. When I turned by a corner, I bumped into a short red headed girl. Well, I made her fall. "Hey what the-" she paused. I guess she freaked out  seeing me. Damn, I messed up didn't I. Is my strength too strong? When I saw her brown eyes, I just stuttered and picked her up. She's.. she's beautiful.

"Crap sorry, I didn't see you there." I held her small hand and boost her up. A small sweat bead fell beside my forehead. We walked to school together and just talked about school. And also found out we're classmates. But I somewhat feel ki in her.

——

A/N: just a quick note Ana is 16