Chapter 3

It was the day I was finally going on a date with the famous Nathan Peters.  Every girl had crushed on him and every boy wanted to be his friend.  He had texted me earlier that day saying to dress nice and that he would pick me up at seven o’clock on the dot.  I decided to go with a black dress and some black wedges.  The dress was stunning I had took it from my sister’s house.  The top clung to my body making my breast look perfect.  When the dress reached to my mid-thigh it had a light flowing look to it.  I left my hair down with my natural waves pinning the side with a diamond studded clip that matched the necklace I had decided to pair with my outfit.  I heard his car pull up, and I felt the nerves build instantly in my stomach, it was only a date nothing more than that.  I took a deep breath and took a step out of the door.  Nate was standing there with a grin that spread from ear to ear.  I couldn’t help but let out a little giggle.  Unwillingly I felt my eyes study his extremely toned body, it was so hard not to look.  He was wearing a black button down shirt with his sleeves rolled up to his elbow, his pants were tan that fit his long legs perfectly.  As I walked down to the car he took my hand and pressed his soft lips on it making my cheeks fill with a light pink color.  “Kadence you look absolutely beautiful.  I couldn’t imagine looking at anything better tonight.”  He quickly grabbed my hand, tugging me to the car.  I definitely was unsure what he saw in me compared to the girls I’ve heard he has been with.  On the way to dinner we had talked about his day out riding with his boys, he certainly liked to talk about himself but I was ok with him doing majority of the talking.  He had a slight depressed look on his face and I really couldn’t handle it.  He was to pretty to be upset for one and I couldn’t help being around another guy with a sad face.  “Nate is there something bothering you?  I mean did I do something wrong?” I asked desperately hoping I hadn’t said or done anything wrong.  “No No Nooo pretty girl, nothing at all.  In fact you’re the one that should be mad at me to be honest.”

“I don’t really think this is the best way to start a date with a new girl.”  I said jokingly.  I had a feeling this was about Brooke to be honest.

“I just heard from Sean that you and Brooke haven’t really talked that much this week.  I would just hate to have ruined a close friendship ya know?”  I could easily see the sincerity in his face.  It was actually heartwarming.  Nick never cared if me and my friends didn’t talk but then again he absolutely hated Brooke and wasn’t too fond of Sadie.  We sat in the car for a little and he explained how Brooke had always had a thing for him.  Apparently she had been trying for the last year to score with him.  I swallowed my guilt and told myself I had to enjoy this date.  Brooke was the one that should have took the blame for this meeting.  She had been the one begging me to come to the party. 

                We finally had made it to our seat, the tables were lined with red and white checkered table clothes with three different sized candles in the middle.  He had taken me to a little Italian restaurant in one of the many casinos closer to town.  It was so easy to talk to him about my week once we stopped talking about him.  He seemed like such a great guy I could see why Brooke wanted to be with him so bad.  Each time we talked I fell more and more under his captivating spell.  Now that I was on a date with him I found myself wanting him more than I have ever wanted anyone.  What was this feeling I had?  He made me feel a need for him.  He quickly snapped me out of my overthinking phase when he softly grabbed my hand.  I could feel my body stiffen with fear just with a small touch of his hand, something in my body didn’t trust him.  I could see it in his face that he was unsure of what he just did.

“You ok pretty girl?  Did I do something wrong?  I hope I didn’t scare you, I just really like you.  Your one of the most amazing girls I have ever met.”  I was shocked.  He thought I was amazing?  The most wanted guy thought I was amazing.