chapter 8

Richie's P.O.V

I waited for eddie at school that morning but he never showed up, its the second time this week!, I thought he was better, his mom probably made it worse. As I walked to my locker there was a paper taped to it, my heart dropped as I opened it and saw a sketch of me with what looked like blood and dirt all over it....who could have drawn this, then as I searched the hallways trying to figure out who made this, I looked at henry and he was laughing with his friends, I immediately calmed down thinking he probably just drew this, but it was just so perfectly draw , it made me wonder if henry really drew this. I couldn't focus on my class work, eddie and that paper kept crossing my mind over and over again , then as I turn over I see eddie walk into the classroom , "sorry I'm late", he said looking at the teacher as she nodded, he sat down beside me, he looked worried , " hey, eds are you ok?", I say searching his body for any broken bones or wounds, "ya,I'm fine", he said with no eye contact, yet again he sounded hurt, which hurt me more and I don't know why ,as class passed by I couldn't stop looking at eddie, I wanted to make him happy so bad , I tried everything from drawing his fat mom on my English sheet to even tickling him but he would just pinch me and tell Me to stop  and that I was autistic. Class ended and we walked to the locker rooms getting ready form gym, I saw eddie tense up on are way there ,"hey, eds you promise me your ok", I say walking in front of him, " don't call me eds, and yes!",he said moving me out of the way, I knew he really wasn't, we walked into the boys locker room as everyone started to change into their gym , clothes I turned over and saw eddie changing in the corner with a blanket covering him, I knew he liked his privacy but I never saw him do this before which made me really curious, but I probably should just leave him be ,"H-HEY ST-STOP", I hear eddie shout from behind me as I looked there were a crowd of boys that we're trying to take off his towel , "HEY ,FUCK OFF!!", I scream pushing away some boys and jumping in front of eddie helping him pull his towel back , as henry walked in all the boys ran away, I looked over to eddie and he had tears in his eyes, " eddie are you ok!", I shout holding him and not even realizing it ,mike, bill  Stanley, and Ben came running over , as henry walked towards us, "screw off", mike says as all if the boys blocked me and eddie, I was still holding him in my arms , I wanted to individually slaughter every boy that crowded eddie, it hurt so much listening to his sobs, that I'm pretty sure getting hit by a car wouldn't hurt as much, I heard kids running in the gym as I sat there holding eddie, i didn't want to let go, not even for a second, his sobs slowly stopped and I felt him cuddle up to me every minute or two, it felt so right, I felt like the whole world stopped , " I'm sorry eddie", I say forcing a tear not to fall, "no, thank you", eddie said getting up and going back to changing into his normal clothes before the boys started running back in ,I did the same, I couldn't stop staring at his red eyes.... Everytime I did my heart would ache , as all the boys started running back in me and eddie walked out of the locker room and walked to are lockers, and sat down, I grabbed the sketch out from my pocket ," do you know who drew this", I say handing it to eddie , I saw his eyes go big "n-no I don't know who drew this", he said tearing it out from my hands, and ripping it to pieces ,  " what the fuck eds", I stand up in confusion, "look its nothing ok,henry probably drew you just forget about it ok!", he said throwing it in the trash as we walked back to class. School felt really short as me and eddie walked out of the school, " well um, see ya tomorrow I guess", eddie says walking away , "hey! Wait", I say running up to him , " ya.." He said as his face somewhat lit up, I didn't really have anything to say I just felt like I did ,"um....nothing ", I say while smiling  ," window face"I hear eddie  mumble while walking away from me, it made me smile. I got home a sat on my bed hopelessly , it wouldn't be the same playing outside with everybody without eddie , if he can't go out then I can't either.

Eddies P.O.V

as I walked home I couldn't stop thinking about richie and when he stood up for me , and most importantly when he held me for so long , it made me like him even more , I wanted to burst into Richie's house and hold him like he did to me, and never ever let go, but at the same time I wanted to push him to the ground and make fun of him, as I walked pass Richie's house I thought of all the fun times I went in there and did stupid shit with richie, it didn't feel like a memory anymore, it felt like a dream that I wished was real , I walked up my driveway not wanting to open my door , i opened the door and walked upstairs, my mom wasn't home yet, I sat on my bad and played with my inhaler, I felt like I needed to do something I just wasn't sure what then I thought of richie and what my mom said, hes just an immature brat....and he pretty much was ,but he also was way more than that....then it all clicked.....I jumped up from my bed and ran downstairs and out the door running , I sprinted to Richie's door and banged on it.