Narration

Cronus's p.o.v.

My eyes lazily opened up and my head lolled to one side, the pressure subsiding. My body was under a blue blanket and my neck felt sore, and wrapped up in a bandage.

Two hands that were soft looking and had long blue nails held a bowl. The bowl was wooden and polished sleek. There was something in it, and it smelled of sugary cranberries.

"Drink this." I heard Aranea's voice say softly.

I drank it, the taste was sweet and had a greener taste left on my tongue after it left me. As it was passing through my throat, the dull pain on my neck slightly pulsated.

I looked around me, there was Rufio, Kankri, and Aranea sitting around me. I was on a couch with a blue and pink knitted blanket over my legs. I was in a sitting position. Things felt kinda vague. They told me I'm doing good, that I am not in danger anymore. They told me not to stand up until I felt right. Rufio and Aranea left the room.

Kankri pulled out a book and looked at me. I couldn't find any specific emotion in his eyes, he mostly had an observant gaze set on me. He watched my chest rise up and down as I breathed. He stared at my neck for a good solid minute as I stared blankly at the lamp set on the side table.

He opened the book in his lap and began to read out loud. Each sentence he read had perfect fluctuations of tone to make the setting appeal to all of your senses. He narrated the character's sentences with more emotion than himself. He was a different person. It took me a couple of minutes to realize that he wasn't reading for himself, that he was reading for me.

"As we walked around the monolisk with an ever so slightly steady pace. Our eyes studied the engravings on the side of stone that had lyrics to an olden song." He read aloud. Then he began to sing the lyrics. "'The sun of tolden rays, shine with it's burning gaze, set apon the marks capital, keep a token to it's early days. For the kingdom shall fall, another does not cease it's reign, as the prince of tall, carries on it's feign."

I closed my eyes as he continued the song. His voice carried out so evenly, and not knowing the real rythm to the song, he made one up that fit in with it well. The tones he created for the words glided, and his voice was deep, but occasionally lifted.

When he finished the song, he continued to read the book. Just like that, like it was just another step in the road. Man, I wish I can read like that. To put such an interesting veiw in the sentences.

He finished a couple of chapters, and closed the book. I slowly turned my head to him and his eyes shot up, alerted. "Do you wish any medications? More food?"

"No." I said slowly. I smiled at him and sat up, feeling a little more energized. "I want you to sing to me some more."

His eyes widened and he chewed his finger. "Oh my, did I really just sing to you? I must've not been aware of your presence as I was wrapped up in the pages."

"Its fine." I told him. "You sing really good."

His face softened and he smiled a little. "Thank you." He said.

So he sang to me.

He sang for a while, his hand resting in mine. We were just separated from everything outside of the living room, my soul dancing outside of the knitted blanket my body was under. This was the first real couple-like moment I had with Kankri. I forgot about the dents on my car, the holes in my neck. I forgot out the bruise on my cheek, and the soaked cigarettes in my pocket from the rain. Things didn't hurt, things weren't intense.

It was just me, Kankri's voice, and his hand in mine. I started to sing with him, as terrible my voice his, I sang with him. And we sang together.

His hand in mine and my hand in his.

His other arm reached over my torso and his other hand held my other. Our faces were inches apart and we kept singing. Our voices got quieter and quieter as he came closer. It was almost to a whisper when his lips were inches from mine. I could feel his breath on my mouth, and his lashes go down. Mine did too. He was close now, his right hand gliding up my face and running through my hair.

And then he tagged me.

His lips pressed against mine and I melted under him. I was turned to jelly, and he scooped me right up. My hand clutched onto the fabric of his shirt and I smiled so much. I burried my face in the crook of his neck and smiled so, so much.