Payback

Porrim's p.o.v.
--------

I saw it. I witnessed everything that happened to Kankri at the party. And though the bystander position I was in leaves me contrite, it was the right thing to do.

The memories make my stomach sick. Just watching Cronus loom his body over Kankri, does he have any clue how threatening it looked? And the hazy recollection of Cronus's hands all over Kankri's, and his lips smashing on his. The moment I saw Cronus do that, I was mortified and enraged. How the hell can he make my Kanny feel so small? How dare he treat him in such a reckless way.

I wanted to run out of the house, grab Cronus by the shoulders, and throw him over the railing. I wanted to smash his face to a pulp and suck all of his blood out.... But I didn't. I held myself back because I knew Kankri had to solve his own problems. I have taught him how to defend himself, and how to handle situations such as these if I weren't around to protect him. I mean, I was around to protect him but I really wanted to see him shine after my advice.

He took my advocacy in stride. I get a fluttering feeling of proudness when I remember how Kankri pushed Cronus away, and punched his face. But I couldn't help but not let my fiery cease when I saw the pain in my boy's eyes.

Cronus hurt Kankri. And now he needs to suffer for his wrong doings.

I have organized a plan so that I can inflict damage on Cronus's pride and joy, without getting my hands dirty. I hold the steel bat with metalic red coating in my hand, testing it's weight. Seems durable enough. I swing it loosly in my hand, seeing how much of it's mass it can push.

"I'm... Using that?" Horuss looks down at the bat through his goggles and starts to sweat a little. I give him a nod and shove it in his hands. "B-but isn't it... Destructive..." After he says that, his grip tightens and his face blushes.

I groan and glare at him. "Ya, it definitely is destructive." I gesture my hand to Cronus's car and smile. "Have at it. Live out your explosive fantasies for all I care. Just hide the bat, and leave this on the window sheild when you are done." I hand Horuss the note that I previously put together.

Horuss holds the note and looks at it, his eyes narrowing

Horuss holds the note and looks at it, his eyes narrowing. "You said 'ever' twice."

I smack his face and hold his jaw towards me. "Don't stray from the adjective, you here me Zahhak?" He nods his face and I hiss in disgust when his sweat drips on my finger.

Horuss swings the bat in his hands, getting the feel of it's power. The looks down at the note again and looks back up at me. "Okay, okay. One more question and then I will get off of your hair." I cross my arms and nod my head. "...why did you have to put all this effort into a note, and what did Cronus do to Kankri that has you so worked up?"

"I thought the magazine clippings would come in handy in keeping my identity classified. And the reason behind this vandalism is confidential, so I will recommend that you don't push it with me, okay?" I tell him and he nods his head. He pulls his arms back and swings the bat against the car's bumper, the loud metalic ring echos in the night air.

Horuss hits the car's headlight and it shatters. I can see in the moonight that Horuss's face is blushing and sweating and I sigh. "You are such an oaf." I mumble, but he doesn't hear me because he hits the car again, denting the hood.

I pull my purse over my shoulder and flip my hair, the thundering sound of him smashing the car still rapping. I walk down the street and can't help but smile. I got your back, Kanny.

-----
Heheh Ya, I know. It is a short chapter. The next one will be longer ok.