Intoxication

Kankri's p.o.v.
----------

I decided to sit in the dining room because the kitchen and living room was overcrowded with people and loud music. I finished engaging in a rather complicated discussion with Horrus about proper treatment for horses in barns. He seemed very protective for the species, and was wondering what sort of foods humans feed horses.

The conversation was unnecessary, and I wasn't really interested in the topic either way so I cut it off with him. I guess I surprised Horrus when I ended our discussion quickly? It is very unique behavior, I will agree on that. I just.. had my eye on something else.

I noticed Cronus walking into the dining room's doorway from the corner of my eye. He stood there, and then left to go into the living room to consume disgusting amounts of alcohol.

Aranea walked up to me and sat in the chair next to me, holding a red cup. I crossed my arms. "I am... rather dumbfounded that you decided to alight to the party. May I ask, if you dont mind, why?"

"I could ask the same of yourself, Kankri." She takes a sip of her cup and winces a little. "I really do enjoy get-togethers, to an extent of course." She lift up her cup to me and winks. "I'm not the biggest fan of booze-enduced parties. But I don't mind taking a sip or two. Have you ever thought of trying? I am not pressuring you to."

I shake my head and laugh a little, waving the offer off with my hand. "No, really. I do not wish to take part in such activities. Do as you may, though. I won't hold your terrible decisions against you, because you are drinking with caution."

"Thanks.. I guess?" Aranea stands up and makes her way upstairs.

I am alone again. What should I do now?

I decide to take it apon myself to make an effort to explore the mansion's interior. The dining room's doorway isn't so much as a doorway, but more of an archway. The intricate carvings in the wood flow from the wall to the ceiling, curling it's tails around the entrance of the living room.

I see Meenah, Damara, and Rose taking shots and arguing over Prospit or Derse being the best dream planet. I guess Cronus left them? Where did he go?

"Its.. Derse coz itss purple and spoopy.." Rose hiccups and Meenah giggles.

I decide to steer clear from living room and I head towards the kitchen. I stop, frozen as I watch Karkat and Dave making out. They don't seem to notice me so I.. keep watching? Karkat is sitting on the counter top and Dave has his hands up his shirt as they kiss intensely. I then spin around the corner and clutch my chest. What was that? I just witnessed my little brother locking lips with the sophomore's top D-J. Should I be concerned, worried, angry, or.. impressed?

I feel too emotionally conflicted to start another lecture. I decide to resort in taking a quiet moment to myself outside.

I walk past drunk sophmores and seniors, high jugglos, and depressed ghosts before I reach the doorknob. When I turn it, the cold night air brushes my hair back and I smile a little. The door closes behind me and the loud music is instantly hushed, leaving my muscles relaxing.

I sit on the porch's fence and pull out a new novel I have recently gotten into. I read a page, and when I start to turn another, I hear a throat clear above me.

I look up to see Cronus hovering over me. His tall build looming over me gives me a feeling of numbness, like I want to fall asleep.

His breath smells bitter of Corona beer and his lips curl up to a grin. "Hello Kankrii.." he mumbles.

"Um, hello. Are you intoxicated? That is an exceptionally terrible habit to break into. Now, if you will excuse me, I want to continue my perusal. If you are booking in for a man to man conversation about your.. er.. drinking, then now is not the time. I am still.. reeling back.. from seeing- ah forget it, it isn't essential to the point I am getting across." I look up at him and sigh. "I would like to continue reading, please."

Cronus comes closer to me. There is something about his approach that doesn't seem normal, he seems more.. confident and dominant. I shiver when he brushes his hand on my cheek.

"Cronus.. what are you-"

"Shuuush Kan." He mumbles. He hiccups and his hand snakes around my waist. I instantly shiver when he lifts my chin with his finger. "What if we.. sneak upstairs and -hic- have some fun, eh? I will lead the way~"

I put my shaking hands on his chest and I glare up at him. "No."

"Come on.." he says and grips my waist. I gasp and, without warning, he smashes his lips onto mine. "Mmm." He hums and his hands squeeze me and run up my sweater.

I.. I don't know what to feel. It's like two completely different sonnets were forced to mix, one about burning lust, and another about the bovine fall of all sense in time. I want to fight against it, but it feels like he is taping my lips closed with his. I am so disgusted. This isn't right.

"Mmfm! S-stopff!" I try to protest but my voice is muffled. Frantically, I start to hit his chest violently with the palms of my hands. Hot tears are forming in my eyes.

He lets go and, in a fuzzy rush of rage, my fist is flying. My knuckles slam into his cheek and he stumbles backwards. I hop off of the porch's fense and I look at him, my eyes wide and consumed in tears.

"Whoa, Kankri I-" Cronus tries to reach for me but I slap his hand away.

I look down, my hair shielding my eyes from his. "Dont... don't touch me." I desperately grab onto the railing and I swing my legs over it, hitting the ground and rolling until I spring up on my feet again, heading home.