Lesson 27

Lesson 27.

I grew up (like many little girls in America did) watching Disney Princess movies. Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Mulan, Pocahontas and Belle.

I was a very musical child, (not that I was necessarily good at music, but I did love it) so I loved Disney movies even more for their songs.

There was always something so sweet and simple about them and they always made friends with the animals when they sang, so I really liked them.

(The only animals that responded to me when I sang were the dogs howling)

Anyway, it was after a long day of swimming and since it was an out of state swim meet we were all staying in a hotel.

We had eaten dinner together and then after shoving our faces with pasta, me and three of my friends Elizabeth, Ella and Marybeth decided to go upstairs to Ella’s room to watch the Disney princess marathon that was on Disney channel.

(I know, I know, we just couldn’t help being such cool teenagers)

We flopped down on the bed and flipped on the TV and found Disney channel as fast as the hotel TV would let flip channels.

(Which is really slow. Had anyone else noticed that hotel TV’s seem to make it as difficult as it can to do two thing, flip channels and adjust the volume?)

Finally, Elizabeth found Disney channel and we quieted down as Disney’s Cinderella played.

We had missed the beginning of the film, so now it was to the part were Cinderella is cleaning the floor while singing about Nightingales.

We all poked fun of the step-sister as they tried (and failed) to sing it too.

Then we pretty much missed everything that happened after that for the next 15 minutes.

(Halfway through the singing part we became quite fascinated with the hotel room door which had a peephole about two feet off the floor and then another one at normal people height. We sat there debating what the purpose of this low down peephole was. Was it for kids?)

When our attention finally turned back to Cinderella it was time for the ball and Cinderella came running down the stairs in her lovely pink dress.

Marybeth watched with batted breath as the stepsisters tore apart her lovely gown.

We all watched Marybeth amusedly as her fist clenched and her face turned to a scowl.

She jumped up to stand on the bed and stared at the TV.

As the step-sisters finished their dastardly job, MB swore under her breath.

“I would flip-s**t if I where Cinderella!!” she swore

“I would…. I would…” she continued muttering threats under her breath

Elizabeth watched MB for a while before replying, “She can’t. It’s a Disney movie.”

All the sudden MB slowly deflated, she sat back down on the bed and stared somberly at the floor.

“I hate Disney.” She said

Lesson Learned:

With the ability to sing animals to your side comes great responsibility. Which means no flipping-s**t.

Maybe that’s the real reason why animals don’t come around when I sing.