Lesson 20

Lesson 20 : One Day You'll Get Your Dinosaur 

I think most of us can agree that we have at some point in our lives had a friend or mentor who truly inspired us and made us want to be something….. great.

For me that inspiration was my friend Hannah, she is a true go-getter. She never gives ups even when it looks hopeless and she always tries again. And she does all this with a smile on her face.

Here, is her story:

It was 7:00 pm and Hannah was hungry, her parents were at work and she wanted something to eat, so she picked up the phone and dialed the numbers in the order listed.

“Hello!” the person on the other end of the phone answered, “This is Bart’s Pizza, how can we help you today?”

Hannah thought carefully for a moment before answering, “I would like a small peperoni pizza,” she replied.

“Ok-“ but before pizza man could finish that sentence, Hannah added “But I would like the toppings to be in the shape of a dinosaur.”

There was silence at the other end of the phone.

“I’ll see what I can do.” He said warily and then with a click, hung up.

Hannah waited and waited for the pizza to be delivered to her house. She watched the clock tick and her stomach growled in time with it.

Tick

Tick

Tick

DING-DONG

The doorbell rang and Hannah ran to the door to collect her pizza.  She paid the pizza delivery man and carried her pizza into the kitchen. She cracked open the top of the box…… and…

NO

The pizza topping spelled out “NO”. She ate the pizza anyway, undiscouraged and still content with her pizza.

The next week Hannah found herself once again in a similar situation. She picked up the phone, but this time she punched in a different number.

“Hi! How can we help you?” The voice at the other end asked

“I’d like a small pepperoni pizza” Hannah asked, “And I’d like the toppings to be shaped into a dinosaur.”

The other end was silence, “We’ll see what we can do” she said, then hung up.

Hannah sat down and waited. What would happen this time? Would her request once again be made a mockery? Would she ever find anyplace that would give her the pizza she desired?

The doorbell rang and Hannah walked to the door slowly. The moment of truth was coming closer and closer. She paid for the pizza and then put it down on the kitchen counter. Now, was the moment of truth. She waited with bated breath as she opened the lid slowly to reveal a…….

DINOSAUR!!!!! 

They had done it! Her pizza had a beautifully shaped dough dinosaur on top of the pizza. She smiled and smiled even wider as she bite into her wonderful pizza. Life was good.

Hannah is such an inspirational story of never giving up, even when it seemed like it was hopeless and there was no use trying, she kept trying. Every time I feel like giving up, I stop for a moment and remind myself “One day you’ll get your dinosaur too.”