Chapter 15 ~ You're All I Need

Dana P.O.V

"Dana will you stop tapping you feet! You got everyone in this damn waiting room glaring at you" Dalton shook his head. I groaned running my hands through my curls. I was nervous. No scratch that....I was scared shitless!

Not only was Genesis currently in the operating room getting her wrist fixed up... her surgery was taking longer than expected. What could be possibly taking them so long!

"Dana hun breathe" Genesis' mom said resting her hand on my shoulder. I let out a breath I was keeping in relaxing at her touch.

"S-sorry" I murmured. She smiled weakly before looking down. I could tell she was worried as well. I could also tell how hard she was trying to cover it up. I took a deep breath standing up

"I uh....I need some air" I mumbled. Genesis' mom nodded and I made my way towards the exit. I walked out through the automatic doors as the cool April air hit me. I took a deep breath leaning against the side of the hospital building.

I looked around my surroundings and my eyes landed on Genesis' dad. He was sitting on a bench with his head in his hands. I frowned slightly, debating wether or not it was a good idea to walk over to him. After much consideration I slowly made my way towars him.

He must've noticed I was there and his head shot up. He seemed startled at first but once he made eye contact with me his expression softened. He smiled slightly

"H-hey" He choked out. I smiled and took a seat next to him. "She's still in there?" He mumbled.

"Yeah" I whispered closing my eyes tightly. He sighed making me glance up at him.

"I don't think I've been this nervous before...." He looked down at his hands. He chuckled slightly "Well apart from when she was born". I smiled

"I remember it like it was yesterday" He smiled even wider. I sat up suddenly interested in his story. "It was actually super bowl sunday" He said with a nod. "I remember being so focused in on the game I didn't even notice her mom shouting at me that it was time" He laughed. "That wasn't until she literally dragged me out of the living room and into the car...I remember running dozens of red lights trying to get to the hospital in time" He grinned.

"So did you?" I asked raising an eyebrow. He chuckled

"Oh I made it alright....it was actually making it to the operating room where we had trouble" He sighed.

"Was Mrs Perez okay sir?" I asked confused. He laughed harder

"Oh she was perfectly fine...I was the one who passed out on the way there" He laughed. I couldn't help but to laugh as well. Once we had calmed down he cleared his throat continuing with the story

"I was so nervous Dana...not only because her mom was getting operated on but....I was so nervous to be a father...I was nervous to have something bad happen to her....for her to meet some asshole that would break her heart" He sighed. I gulped remembering the days where Gen was broken hearted...all because of me.

"She had her share of broken hearts...Jake being the worst" he rolled his eyes

"I went through that physically" I said referring to the night Jake and I got into a fight.

"I never probably thanked you for that" he laughed causing me to chuckle.

"Thank you Dana..." He said abruptly. I furrowed my eyebrows

"For what Sir?" I asked. He smiled sweetly

"For helping me not be as nervous ..." He said with a nod. "You are honestly the best thing to ever happen to my daughter...I used to think it was the band...and even though I know the band had a huge impact on her life...you are truly the best thing to ever come into her life" he looked down at his hands

I was at a loss for words. I never knew that Genesis' father felt this way about me.

I always thought Genesis was the best thing to ever happen to me...never in a million years would I have thought I had any HUGE impact in her life.

"Dana I owe so much to you" he said bringing me out of my thoughts. I looked over at him and he smiled.

"You make her so happy...and as her father, seeing her so happy makes me happy as well..." He smiled.

"She loves you a lot kid" he nudged me. I blushed looking down at my own hands.

"I love her too....more than anything" I boasted. "It's just too bad that....I can't be with her...as much as I want to, I can't really call her mine anymore" I sighed.

"Things will work out between the two of you...in time things will finally fall into place" he smiled.

Who knew that in the midst of Genesis having an operation done, her father and I would have a heart to heart moment.

Maybe it was his way to deal with how nervous/scared he was in that moment.

Whatever the reason it may be, I'm glad we had this talk...if it weren't for him I wouldn't have known how much of an impact I really have on Genesis' life.

We heard footsteps coming closer and we both looked over at the noise. When we saw it was Genesis' mom we both stood up.

She smiled wide before nodding

"She's okay" she choked out

Genesis P.O.V

"Oh won't you...stay with me" I heard a gentle voice bring me out of my sleep.

"Cause you're all I need" I heard it again. This time I knew exactly who that voice belonged to. I mean I should know I fell in love wtith that voice the minute I heard it.

"This ain't love...it's clear to see" Dana sung. I felt him rub my hand gently. I still had yet to open my eyes, but I knew that when I did open them he would stop singing. Normally I would've opened them anyways but...this is actually the first time I can hear Dana put any emotion into singing.

"But darling, stay with me" His voice got softer as he finished off. I took this as an oppertunity to open my eyes slowly. I came face to face with Dana and smiled wide. He smiled at me intertwining our hands together

"You lift my heart up...when the rest of me is down" Dana continued to sing. I smiled wide at the fact he kept on singing even after I woke up

"You....you enchant me...even when you're not around" He sang gently. I bit my lip staring intently at him

"And if...there are boundaries....I will try to knock them down" He sang leaning closer to me.

"I'm latching on babe....now I know what I have found" He sang sweetly. He leaned in all the way kissing my forehead gently.

I could tell he had mashed up "stay with me" and "latch"...and to be honest it was absolutely beautiful.

"Hey" He mumbled as he ran one hand through my hair. I smiled

"Hi" I choked out. Annoyed at the fact my voice was still weak. "H-how long w-was I out f-for?"

"Your surgery took a little lounger than expected...you were out for a few hours" He stared up at me.

"Oh" I murmured. He smiled rubbing me cheek soothingly.

"I was so worried...you should've seen me in that waiting room...I looked like I was going insane" he chuckled. I laughed...well at least tried to anyway.

"I just don't know what I'd do without you Gen" he mumbled. I gave him a small smile

"I promised you I wasn't going anywhere...I'm keeping that promise" I leaned in kissing his cheek softly.

There is literally nothing that could ever possibly take me away from Dana...nothing