Chapter 10 ~ No Words Can Heal A Broken Heart

Hey guys....so this chapter is gonna be a little different from past chapters. You will notice as you read on that there is no dialog in this chapter....This chapter was written to show what Dana was feeling on the day that he and Genesis had to face their managers....This chapter is completely in his point of view. 

Enjoy (: ...(Or at least...try to ha-ha)

*** 

"Either you two end whatever it is you have together" He clenched his jaw slamming his fists on the desk. The sound echoed off of the walls, sending chills down the spine of all those near him. Angry was an understatement to what our manager was feeling right now. 

"Or I'll end the band!!" He spat. His words stung like venom, leaving those witnessing the whole scene unfold loss for words. 

Although I had imagined what it could have been like if our managers found out...nothing would have ever prepared me to what they I, or Genesis is feeling right now.....scared, broken, lost.....these words come to mind but nothing could describe exactly what is going through my mind as of now. 

We walked out of the office in silence. Most of the walk towards the parking lot was silent. At our arrival to the parking garage we stopped for a brief moment. I glanced at Genesis. She was looking down at the floor. Tears running down her cheeks. 

I followed her tears land on the dirty pavement below us. Making my heart only sink lower than I ever thought possible. I shut my eyes tightly to fight back the tears. Genesis sniffled looking up at me. She didn't say anything, or at least she couldn't . Any attempts of her speaking only ended in a sobbing mess. 

My facial expressions softened. Only now had I realized just how hard I was clenching my fists. She stared at me for what felt like an eternity. In reality it was only a few seconds. She stared at me intently before sighing. 

She broke her gaze with me staring back down at the floor. Taking a deep breath she looked back up at me and gave me a weak smile. I tried....heavens knows I tried to smile back...but in all honestly I just couldn't....It was almost as if any happiness I had was washed away. 

And just as swiftly as she smiled at me, her smile was gone....Along with her. I blinked rapidly trying my hardest not to let the tears flow over. I slowly began walking to my car. I turned around and watched Genesis walk in the other direction towards her car. 

I reached my car and opened the door sliding into the drivers seat. But not before staring back at Genesis. She was on the other side of the parking garage but I had a clear view of her. She sat in the drivers seat of her Jeep wrangler staring ahead of her. 

I saw her clench her fists and bring them up to the sides of her face. She slammed them down on the steering wheel so hard that I swore I could feel the vibrations. After repeatedly slamming her fists on the steering wheel she rested her head back onto the head rest. 

She covered her face with her hands. I knew for a fact that she was crying. There was nothing I wanted more than to run over to her and hold her. Tell her everything was going to be okay. Just be able to be with her when she needs me the most...

...But I couldn't. I couldn't walk over there and hold her. I couldn't tell her that everything was gonna be okay. I can't be there with her when she needs me the most...And it was killing me. I clenched the steering wheel so hard my knuckled turned white. 

I couldn't take it anymore. I turned the car on and slammed my foot on the gas. Driving away from there as fast as I could. My vision was getting clouded with the tears that were threatening to come out. There was no use whatsoever to try and fight them.

I let a few tears fall as I sped towards my house. I still clenched the steering wheel as hard as I could. I was literally losing my grip on everything in my life, I was trying so hard not to lose my grip on anything else. I finally reached my house and pulled into the driveway.

I put my car in park and just sat there. There was knot forming in the back of my throat. Kinda the feeling you get when you've been fighting back sobs. Well that was what I was doing. I was fighting back my sobs....my tears. I was fighting to not let myself completely break down. 

As much as I fought to not let myself completely lose it, I felt the stinging sensation in my eyes from the tears get worse and worse. I clenched my fists at my sides as hard as I could, trying hard not to let out a sob that I had been holding back. 

I had been holding back all of these emotions for almost a week now. Since the day at Genesis' house. Since the day she broke down in my arms. Although I had let a few tears of mine slip out that day...I tried so hard to make myself seem strong....for Genesis' sake. 

I felt some of my tears slip out. And before I knew it, I was literally a sobbing mess. I knew I had to let all of these emotions out some way...and I was slightly grateful that I was alone. 

I was sobbing uncontrollably. I unlatched my seat belt in a desperate attempt to relieve the pressure I was feeling in my chest. 

I could literally feel my heart breaking with each minute that passed. It was to a point where it actually hurts to breath. And the fact that my sobs were getting worse wasn't helping with the loss of air I was facing. 

I was literally being taken away from the girl I love. The only girl I have ever been able to love. I was being taken away from someone I fought so hard to have. From someone I gave my everything to. She's the only girl I could see myself with....She is the only person I WANT to be with...I don't want anyone else. 

My mom had mentioned to me...quite a few times actually, that finding someone like that was a one and a million chance. To find someone you would literally do anything for was a miracle. Or as she would put it...your soul mate, or other half. 

I didn't believe her before....I always thought that soul mates were something you read about in fairy tales, or saw in a Disney movie. I've come to realize that Genesis is my one and a million chance, my miracle....my other half....She was all of those things. And although I was willing to fight....to hold on until the end....I couldn't. 

I never thought it would come to this....I never thought that I'd find myself sitting in my car all alone, crying over a girl....

Then again Genesis isn't just ANY girl....she's my everything....

I Love Her...

I had my face buried in my arms when my door opened. I felt someone grip my arms softly. They slowly pulled them away from my tear stained face. I glanced up at my dad. I noticed my mother was standing behind him with her hands on his shoulders. 

She had a heartbroken look on her face, along with my father. I opened my mouth to say something....to try and tell them that I was okay...that I would be fine as long as I was alone....but when I tried to tell them the only thing that came out was a sob. 

The tears were streaming down my face once more and my sobs started up all over again. My dad quickly wrapped his arms around me and brought me into his embrace. I felt my mom's hand slowly rubbing my back. 

They didn't say anything to me....they just held me as I cried my eyes out....

After all...No words can heal a broken heart