Chapter 6 ~ "That was a close one!"

Genesis P.O.V

"Dana I can't breathe!" I said as my breathing became even more uneven. Dana wrapped his arms around me pulling me close to his side. 

"It's okay Gen...it's okay" He said coming face-to-face to me. "Breathe...it's gonna be okay" He whispered. I began to feel lightheaded. I glanced around at the boys who were staring at me with scared expressions on their faces. I was having a terrible panic attack no doubt. 

We got back from Hawaii about four days ago and yesterday our TouchDownDance video was uploaded to YouTube. The fandom pretty much threw a fit when they saw mine and Dana's little love scene. Although a lot of fans were saying that it was cute and what not, there were a whole bunch of people saying really bad things about it. 

Although this whole Dana/Genesis relationship rumor is bad...the worse part of it all was that our managers called us into a meeting today. Which is why were here at their office, and which would explain why I'm having an anxiety attack. If our manager finds out that we really are in a relationship, we'll be in deep sludge. Who knows what will become of the band. 

"Alright kids, you can go on in!" The receptionist lady spoke up. My eyes widened as I looked over at Dana for help. He sighed sitting back down next to me and cupping my face. 

"Everything is gonna be okay Gen" He whispered. "You just need to calm down a little...if you go into that office freaking out like you are now, they'll realize we really are hiding something" He said with a nod. "Don't give them a reason to question it...I promise you everything is gonna be okay in the end" He added.

I took a deep breath closing my eyes tightly. I opened them moments later and gave the boys a nod. I stood up and slowly made my way towards our manager's office right behind the boys. When we entered the office we took a seat on two couches that were set up in front of the desk. 

"Hello kids!!" Our manager said smiling. I smiled hoping he wouldn't notice how nervous I was. 

"Hello sir" We said simultaneously. He smiled wide at us.

"Glad you all could make it...please make yourselves comfortable..I promise it won't take long. I know how busy you all are preparing a new cover and what not" He said smiling. I gulped. I have a feeling his smile was all an act at the moment...he must be insanely pissed off

"So I think you all know why I brought you here" He said clearing his throat. I held my breath

"Because of the rumors...." Dana mumbled. He turned to Dana

"Precisely Dana" He said with a nod. I bit my lip staring down at my hands. "Is there anything you two want to tell me" I heard him say. By the sound of his voice I could tell he was staring at Dana and I. I glanced up at quickly regretted it. 

He had one of the most intense stares I have ever encountered. His jaw was clenched and even though his hands were cupped together, his knuckles were white with how much pressure he was exerting. 

"I-it's not what it looks like sir" Dana spoke up. Looking at me and then back at our manager. I nodded

"Y-yeah...the director kinda made us act all lovey dovey....he said it went well with what Dana was saying in his solo" I said with a nod. Our manager seemed to relax a bit. 

"I can assure you sir....there Dana and I are definitely not in a relationship....not romantically anyways" I said with a small smile. Our manager stared at us for a moment before relaxing completely in his chair. 

"Thank you for clearing that up! I was beginning to believe you two really were together with all the fans were saying" He said smiling. We all chuckled nervously.

"Don't you worry sir....I don't think Gen and I can ever be together in that sense....she's one of my best friends and it's gonna stay like that" Dana said with a nod. Our manager smiled wider

"That's great to hear!" He said standing up. "Sorry for dragging you all out here...but thank you for clearing that whole drama up! now you all get back to recording the new cover! holler if you need anything ya hear" He said with a wink as we were walking out of his office

"We will ... have a good day sir" Cole said with a big smile. Once we closed the door behind us we made our way towards the elevators.

"Well...that was faster than I expected!" Dana said with wide eyes. 

"Yeah....what was that...less than 5 minutes?!" Gabe chuckled. 

"And you we're nervous for no reason" Dalton smirked. I rolled my eyes pressing the button on the wall to call the elevator. 

"Oh hush" I giggled. The elevator beeped and the doors opened. I walked inside with the boys following close behind. 

"I'm still amazed at how quick you regained your composer" Will jay smiled. I giggled

"Believe me Will I'm even amazed at how I did it" I said with a nod. Dana wrapped his arm around me

'That was a close one!" He said with a nod. "I was actually afraid he wasn't gonna believe us or something" He added. I nodded

"Now we know we have to be more careful!" I sighed. "Which means less joking around together in interviews, less pictures with just the two of us" I dragged on. 

"Ugh....this is so unfair though!!" Dana mumbled. I sighed resting my head on his shoulder. 

"I know babe...I know" I mumbled. 

"I don't see why we can't just be allowed to date who ever we want...even if we're both in the band" He sighed. I frowned

"Things will get better Dana" I mumbled. "In time, I'm sure he'll be more linient with the whole relationship situation..." I said with a nod. 

"I sure hope so" He frowned. The boys all sighed

"Alright...enough of this depression!" Gabe spoke up. "We have a new cover in the making! We should be excited!!" He added with a huge smile on his face

"Gabe's right...we've always wanted to make a Bruno Mars Mashup! We should be focused on that not on all this manager drama!" Dana smiled. It made me happy at how fast Dana would cheer up... If there was something I hated the most, it's seeing Dana upset. 

"Lets put all of this shit behind us!" Dalton said with a nod 

"Hakuna Matata!!" Will shouted. I giggled making him look at me with a weird expression. "What?" He chuckled only causing me to laugh harder. "It means no worries Gen" He said with a nod. 

"It means no worries!!! For the rest of your days!!!!" Gabe sang at the top of his lungs. 

"Oh god please no!" I groaned covering my face. 

"IT'S OUR PROBLEM-FREE!!!!!" All five of the boys were hollering at the top of their lungs

"We're in an elevator for crying out loud!!!" I shouted. It was way too small in here for them to be yelling this loud

"PHILOSOPHY!!!!" Dana shouted wrapping his arm around me and swaying us from side-to-side.

"HAKUNA MATATA!!!" They all sang obnoxiously. I giggled shaking my head slightly. 

"I have a feeling it's gonna be a long night recording..." I giggled as they kept singing loudly.