Chapter 9 ~ Giving up...

Dana P.O.V

It was rather odd.....I was used to getting a whole bunch of mentions on twitter throughout the day...but never this much. My phone was literally going off every second...I assumed at first that it was because of our Talk Dirty video that dropped two days ago...but then I checked one of the tweets. 

- @6erbabeforlyfe_ : what the hell is going on?!!! She's not even pretty!! He can do so much better @DanaIM6

- @Danasbabyyyyy__ : She's not good enough for him....@DanaIM6 why would you even go for HER?!

- @_Coleswifeeeyyy : I actually didn't hate @GenesisIM6 at all.....well that was until I saw this shit!! @DanaIM6 EXPLAIN!!!!

My eyes widened at the last tweet. There was a picture attached to it. I clicked it and felt my heart stop...It was a picture of Gen and I on the beach the day we were shooting the Talk Dirty video. My arm was around her and she was looking up at me as I smiled down at her. 

How did anyone even get this picture?! I was checking non stop to make sure there were no fans around us....I slid my phone into my back pocket and grabbed my car keys off of my night stand. I sprinted down stairs and out to my car driving in the direction of Genesis' house. 

I made it there in less than five minutes. I made my way up the the path to the door ringing the doorbell. I waited for a moment before someone opened the door.

"Oh Dana! Hello sweetie" Genesis' mom greeted me with a smile. 

"Hello Mrs Perez" I smiled. She groaned

"How many times have I told you to call me something else other than 'Mrs Perez' " She giggled. I chuckled

"My bad momma #2" I smiled. She giggled

"That's more like it" She smiled. "I take it you're here to see Gen?" She smirked. I blushed slightly

"Uh, yeah....i-is she around?" I asked fiddling my fingers. She nodded

"Yeah she's in the backyard come on in" She said stepping aside to let me walk in. I thanked her and made my way towards the door that led to her backyard. 

"Oh Dana honey, when you go out there can you tell Gen that I stepped out to the grocery store" She asked. I nodded

"Sure thing" I smiled. 

"Thanks hun...I'll be back soon" She said grabbing her purse. "Oh and Dana...please tell her to come inside, it looks like it's gonna pour outside" She said staring out at the dark sky.

"You got it" I said with a smile. She smiled at me before closing the front door behind her. I opened the door to the backyard and skimmed the backyard. My eyes landed on Gen sitting under the big oak tree in the corner of the yard. 

As I got closer I noticed she had her knees pulled in close to her chest and her head resting on them. Her arms were hugging her legs tightly. That can't be good.....

"Gen..." I choked out sitting next to her and wrapping an arm around her. She hiccuped slightly before looking up at me with red eyes. 

"T-they know...." She choked out before sobbing harder. I wrapped my arms around her bringing her close to me. 

"Shhh, it's okay...." I tried to calm her down. She shook her head violently.

"Dana the fans all know!!" She shouted slightly. "Our managers are next!!" She sobbed. "When they find out....EVERYTHING we worked for is ruined!!" She covered her face with her hands. The sight of her like this broke my heart. 

"Genesis....everything is going to be okay...." I mumbled rubbing her arm soothingly. She shook her head slowly

"Have you seen what they are saying about me?" She said breathlessly. I sighed nodding slightly. 

"Don't even listen to them....you are good for me.....you're better than that.....you are good enough Gen...no-"

"Not that Dana" she sighed. I furrowed my eyebrows. I could have sworn she was talking about how the fans said that she wasn't good enough for me, or that I could do better than her. 

"W-what?" I mumbled. She sobbed slightly pulling her phone out of her pocket and handing it to me. I swiped the screen unlocking her phone. It automatically opened up to Twitter. I began scrolling through all her mentions

- "Why would Dana ever chose and ugly skank like you!" 

- "You are the ugliest thing I have ever seen...Dana is blind for being with you" 

- "So judging by the picture of Dana and Genesis on the beach, they're dating....can I just say EEEWWW!!! She needs to back the hell up....ugly whore!" 

- "LOL!!! How is Dana even with Genesis? Has he actually gotten a good look at her hideous face?!"

- "I love IM6...but Dana and Genesis being together is revolting....she's so gross!!!" 

I shut my eyes tightly locking her phone. I couldn't keep reading any of that bullshit. I could feel my insides get hot with anger. 

"They're right you know...." she mumbled. My eyes shot open and landed on her

"No they are not!!" I said sternly. She rolled her eyes letting more tears fall down her cheeks. 

"They're saying all those things because they mean them Dana!!" She sobbed. "They are saying all those things because that is how they feel about me!" She shouted. 

"They have no idea what they are talking about!" I shook my head. Her phone beeped letting her know that she had a new mention on Twitter. She looked down at it and laughed slightly

"Oh look....this person is saying how Vile I am!" She laughed as more tears continued to stream down her cheeks. Her phone beeped once more

"And now this person....oh Dana you'll love this one....this person is saying how much of a moron you are for choosing someone as fugly as me!" She shook her head letting more tears fall. 

'But this one.....this one is by far my favorite one.....This person said: why would he even choose Genesis??? She's not even half as pretty as Nicole!!! You literally cannot compare Genesis and Nicole....that's like comparing an ugly rat to a beautiful swan!" She became a sobbing mess once she finished reading that comment. I grabbed her phone from her hand tossing it a few feet in front of us and grabbing her. 

I brought her close to me wrapping my arms around her. She buried her face into my chest as she sobbed harder than ever. She was shaking and sobbing violently. My grip tightened on her hoping to stop her shaking. 

Her sobs were getting worse and worse and before I knew it, I myself had tears streaming down my face. It completely broke my heart seeing her like this....seeing her so broken. The sound of thunder crackling in the background didn't really help with how miserable I felt. 

Soon both of our tears mixed with the cold rain drops falling from above. She was shivering now, so I held her even tighter. 

"Gen we need to go inside" I whispered into her ear hoping she could hear me. She shook her head. "Genesis please" I begged making her look up at me. She let out a sob that roared over the crashing rain. I let out a few tears hoping that with all this rain falling over us she couldn't tell. 

She stared up at me placing her hand on my cheek gently. Yup....she noticed the tears. I stared down at her letting more and more tears fall. I placed my hand on her waist resting my forehead on hers. She continued to sob quietly while my eyes drowned in a pool of tears. 

We stayed in this same spot for what seemed like forever. We both knew what would come next...And deep down I knew she wasn't really crying over what people were saying about her, or the fact that our managers were probably furious as of now...

She was crying because she knew that we both had to give up....She was crying because she knew that, even if we both fought.....even if we begged for that matter.....we could never win...She was crying because she was giving up....

....And so was I