Chapter 10

Nyree

Here I was five years later at a kick off party for Trey's new album, Chapter V. After moving out of my mother's house and moving to Atlanta with Trey he became very prominent in the music industry, working with some of the biggest names and of course taking care of me like he promised to do.

So far, even after all of these years, Trey's held all of his promises to me like taking care of me, making me finish school and treating me like he never treated my Mother. I finished school here in Atlanta online and didn't bother going to the graduation because I had more important things to do instead of mingling with the likes of my 'peers'.

Speaking of my peers, the person I knew I wouldn't be able to live my life without came out here to stay with us. Well, Romel doesn't technically live with us, he lives about 15 minutes away from us in his small apartment that he got once he graduated from Georgia State University last year.

Romel eventually broke up with Pressure a few weeks after I left Florida and I knew it was because he probably found out how much of a witch she was. Once I left all he had was her and she proibably suffocated him with her witch tendencies but I don't blame him. She was a fling that just happened to last longer than the rest.

As for everybody back in Florida, I don't associate with my Mother. Daddy rarely talks to me but he always make sure to send me money every week. I knew if things got too rough Daddy would always be there for me but I knew my Mother would eventually stop caring one day. It was only a matter of time before she fully stopped giving a damn. But she's not even a concern to me. She never did anything for me as a Mother, only give me her man.

I leaned over the balcony that was surrounding the V.I.P section from the rest of the people in the club who couldn't be near the A-list celebrities like myself. I wasn't big like Trey was but I was definitely known around the community as Trey's girlfriend. Everybody knew we were together, even though girls threw themselves at him and guys threw themselves at me.

Somebody slipped their arm around my waist before pulling me back against their chest. "Having fun?"

I shivered at the sound of Romel's voice that had gotten so much deeper since high school. "Of course," I replied turning around in his arms. "Are you?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I'm straight but I think I might head out in awhile. It's getting late."

I frowned. "Come on Mel! At least wait until Trey performs. Damn. You're so boring sometimes," I jumped around, trying to get him to at least perk up but he quickly grabbed a hold of me. He pulled me off of the couch I was standing on and held me in front of him. He was the only thing or else this Grey Goose would have had me on the ground seconds ago.

"You're drunk," He explained the obvious.

I giggled. "Of course I am but I still know what's going on. I'm not that drunk Mel," I replied.

He shook his head and sat down on the couch with me right next to him. "Are you sure? I don't wanna have to take you home like I had to the other night."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm good Mel. I promise."

"Don't promise me anything, just make sure you don't embarrass yourself tonight girl," He replied, standing up as the lights dimmed in the club. I automatically knew that meant Trey was about to get on stage to entertain us.

I grabbed Mel's outstretched hand and had him lead me down the steps with the other people from V.I.P who wanted to be up close to Trey. Romel and I pushed our way through the crowd of people and near the front of stage just as Trey began performing one of my favorite songs Dive In. As soon as the beat dropped girls began screaming and hollering for Trey like some wild animals.