Chapter 3

Romel

I pulled my car up into Nyree's driveway and climbed out, after I grabbed the box filled with her old things that she left at my house. "This will only take a second," I said to Precious who was sitting in my car. I was serious today when I told her that I was done putting up with her shit, so the best thing for me to do is get rid of her stuff. I thought about burning it, maybe even just throwing it out so I didn't have to come by her house and see her but I'm sure she'd want this shit back.

I gripped on to the box tighter and made my way up the porch steps. I pushed the door bell and stood back waiting on somebody to open up the door. The door opened up and Trey stood in front of me. "What's up?" He asked leaning on the door frame as he put on his cuff-links. "What's up with the box?" "Nyree's stuff. Is she here?" I asked.

He shook his head, no. "Nah you just missed her a few hours ago. She went to stay for the weekend with her Dad." I sighed in relief. I wanted to throw this stuff at her face for hitting me earlier in school but it's even better that I don't have to see her face right now. "Alright, well can I at least take this stuff up to her room?" He nodded his head and moved over so I could walk inside.

I was on my way up the steps when Trey spoke up again. "What happened to your face, kid?" He asked. "Nothing," I mumbled. I made my way up the steps and pushed open her bedroom door. I sighed and sat the box down on top of her bed. I looked around the room, sighing, knowing this was the last time that I'd be coming up here. I hated having to break things off with Nyree, just because my girlfriend wanted me to but I think it's for the best.

Nyree's too clingy and expects to get her way all of the time, that's her problem. I know she's not a hoe and I know numerous guys at school haven't ran through her, I just said that stuff out of anger. I just remember Precious ranting about how close Nyree and I are and she said that stupid shit about her. I didn't mean for it to slip out of my mouth but it just did. And when she hit me, that's when I had to draw the line. I couldn't have her putting her hands on me, making me look like some kind of bitch since I couldn't hit her back.

I sighed and walked out of her house and climbed back into my car. "Was she in there?" Precious asked the minute I got back inside of my car. I shook my head, no, and pulled out of the driveway, never wanting to come back there or go to school on Monday, having to face Nyree. Out of my peripheral vision I could see her smiling in her seat, satisfied that I followed her orders and got rid of Nyree.

"Great. I think it's good you're finally starting to let her go. It'll be better for your reputation once everybody at school see's that the two of you aren't hanging out anymore," She said. All I did was nod my head. That's what she was, all about reputation. That's all she ever thought about but I could give less than a shit about reputation. I'll do what I feel like, talk to who I want. That's why I talked to Nyree, that's why she's my best friend. We have our ups and down, and people are always gonna talk shit about us, but that's my friend and I could give less than a shit about what people said about us, whether it be to our faces or behind our backs.

Precious reached over and grabbed my hand. "You coming over to my house?" She asked batting her long eyelashes. I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know." She let go of my hand and placed hers on my thigh. "Please? My Mama ain't home, so we've got the whole house to ourselves," She replied. "Alright," I mumbled.

I lied to Nyree about sleeping with Precious. Precious gave it up to me sometime during the end of the summer and hasn't stopped trying since. We weren't together, so she knew I was sleeping with her and Nyree at the same time. I honestly think the only reason she made me stop fucking with Nyree was because she was jealous of our relationship.

I could see the jealously in her eyes every time she ranted to me about Nyree, which was often. Out in public Precious looked to be the perfect athlete, student and overall good person but behind closed doors she was manipulative, a liar, jealous and a freak. She was a low-key freak, only giving it up to certain guys but it's like once she did she never wanted to stop having sex. It was like she was addicted but shit, I wasn't complaining. She was a freak, so the sex was always good, but not that one time during the summer when she found out I was sleeping with Nyree.